PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 770, OS2007HE _ LCARS theme

Denvar
2008-01-17, 06:31
Well I suppose this serves me right for indulging my inner Trekkie.

Running the latest version of 2007HE I seem to have run into a few large problems which seem to be the fault of the LCARS theme.

Firstly if i try to remove the theme i get left with certain icons still, as well as startup logos etc.

Also the Web menu on the left panel is broken, showing just a black square in al lthemes, and no way of selecting it (i am having to go through menu>web>web currently)

anyone got any info?

thanks in advance
jack wall

Denvar
2008-01-18, 01:07
No one? it is really annoying not having a web icon, and my communication + application icons have gone too, just blank spaces

CollegeCop
2008-01-18, 07:01
I don't know about 2007HE, but I installed the LCARS theme on 2006, and then decided to change it. I had to completely uninstall the theme, not just choose another theme. After uninstalling the theme and restarting, some elements of the LCARS theme still remained. I found that if I then changed the theme to one of the other included themes and restarted, the missing/unchanged elements returned to normal.

So basically, uninstal, restart, change theme, restart.

Hope it helps.

Denvar
2008-01-18, 18:12
Thanks for the advice.

I followe dthe step, several times with no luuck im afraid :(

Thanks for the tip though

Jack Wall

Denvar
2008-01-18, 19:36
Well I tried removing the theme in application manager, changed theme, restarted but still no luck.

as you can see from the screenshot the web menu item is barely touchable, i have to click right on the elft side of the screen, the ocntacts one is also messed up.

the icons on the menu on left are missing, and some shystem icons are still form lacrs, i also still have the lcars startup/shutdown images.

Anyone got any ideas?

http://i30.tinypic.com/2qk1phk.png

MarcusHH
2008-01-18, 19:55
I have the same problem :-(
and think the only way is to reinstall the OS

chatterbox
2008-01-18, 21:39
I think this was pointed out as an OS2007 issue by the creators of the LCARS theme... Yup, http://synthesize.us/LCARS_PADD has a bright red warning about not being able to restore the original icons. I'd suggest either going back to LCARS or reflashing the firmware. You should be able to do a backup, reflash, and restore without much problems.