PDA

View Full Version : [KDE] Any chance for a curser too?

sungrove
2008-01-19, 20:27
So it's looking like we may have right click and BT
mouse and keyboard. How bout a curser to go with
those ? Sorry I can't offer any suggestions not
being tech capable, so I have no idea how feasable
this is. But this would be very cool.:D
PB-I'm looking forward to your KDE update.

Neil

penguinbait
2008-01-19, 20:41
So it's looking like we may have right click and BT
mouse and keyboard. How bout a curser to go with
those ? Sorry I can't offer any suggestions not
being tech capable, so I have no idea how feasable
this is. But this would be very cool.:D
PB-I'm looking forward to your KDE update.

Neil

http://penguinbait.com/icons.tar

open xterm
sudo su -
cd /
tar xvf /path/to/icons.tar

Open KDE and go to Control Center, Mouse settings, select new cursor, red and small, but it works. I will include a few options in update perhaps..

PinCushionQueen
2008-01-21, 04:17
Hey Wow! This cursor is awesome :D I really like it! Plus it appears to have the effect of making taps more effective. I used to have quite the hard time using a stylus to launch anything from KMenu - now I can launch on the first try. I'm not sure why it's so greatly improved, but I'm sure glad it is. Thanks for this great addition PB!

penguinbait
2008-01-21, 15:27
I have included 5 or 6 cursors in my update, it should be available soon, although, my guess, is PCQ will not want to update, when she has so many custom things working good :)

PinCushionQueen
2008-01-21, 16:04
I have included 5 or 6 cursors in my update, it should be available soon, although, my guess, is PCQ will not want to update, when she has so many custom things working good :)

To be honest... yes, I'm undecided on whether I want to upgrade or not because exactly like you've said - I'm not sure I want to have to customize it all again :o However, would you be willing to tarball up the additional cursors (I assume they are mainly various colors) like you did this first batch? :)

I really am impressed as to how using this little cursor is improving my stylus input accuracy. It's actually greatly improved my KDE usage experience (and I thought I was happy before). :D

penguinbait
2008-01-21, 16:43
To be honest... yes, I'm undecided on whether I want to upgrade or not because exactly like you've said - I'm not sure I want to have to customize it all again :o However, would you be willing to tarball up the additional cursors (I assume they are mainly various colors) like you did this first batch? :)

I really am impressed as to how using this little cursor is improving my stylus input accuracy. It's actually greatly improved my KDE usage experience (and I thought I was happy before). :D

Well I think if you just backup your /home/user/.kde

so
mv /home/user/.kde /home/user/.kde-hold

untar new SUP.tar.bz2

cd /
tar jxvf SUP.tar.bz2

mv /home/user/.kde /home/user/.kde-pb
mv /home/user/.kde-hold /home/user/.kde

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I THINK" That you would be all set.

Again though it depends on if you want the update. The update provides other than settings, cursors, some fonts, qjoypad, with a way to start and stop joystick services. Script and shortcut to toggle usb host mode.

You could always try out my .kde settings and see if you like them, and then put yours back.