PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

rr0123
2006-03-09, 00:29
My 770 died today. Won't boot, even enough to go into USB mode. They told me to send it in, which I hope means they will be taking care of all costs associated with fixing or replacing it.

What a bummer. I enjoy my 770 so much more than I did when I first got it. I hope the repair/replacement is speedy.

oafbot
2006-03-09, 01:43
My 770 died today. Won't boot, even enough to go into USB mode. They told me to send it in, which I hope means they will be taking care of all costs associated with fixing or replacing it.

What a bummer. I enjoy my 770 so much more than I did when I first got it. I hope the repair/replacement is speedy.

any clues as to what made it die? Or did you just find it dead when you tried to use it? :confused:

rr0123
2006-03-09, 02:05
No clue. This morning, I opened it up (I keep it on), brought up the browser, chose my usual connection, and it booted. This happens sometimes, so I didn't think much of it. But it never recovered this time.

I had been having problems for a couple weeks with the news reader. It would not update, nor would the reader work. But everything else worked normally (with the usual occasional reboots). I already had the Dec. 05 firmware on it.

ziggamon
2006-03-09, 09:44
Not to be condescending or anything, but did you check that there is battery power in it? Cause that happened to me, and I couldn't understand why it wouldn't boot beyond the NOKIA logo...

rr0123
2006-03-09, 20:25
well I am glad you took the risk of offending me, because that worked!!! I have a spare battery and figured what the hell, let's give it a try. Booted right up, I reflashed the firmware and now everything seems to be working ok, even the news reader that was previously broken.

Perhaps the other battery is defective, or the charger has a problem? Plugging it into the charger didn't fix the problems I was having.

Woooohoooooooooooo!!!!!

ziggamon
2006-03-09, 23:13
Sweet! Glad to hear that!
And now that I've managed to help you with completely trivial tips, here's another one:
Try plugging in the other battery, and without attempting to start, plug in the charger, and let it lie there for a couple of hours until the battery should be charged. Afterwards - unplug, and try to boot again.

Seems like being out of battery makes it behave totally weirdly... This worked for me, I don't have the luxury of a spare battery =)