PDA

View Full Version : [KDE] what files to uninstall until PB's update?

sungrove
2008-01-24, 05:51
Hi,

I installed KDE via the deb file method. Thanks PB. I've had unresolvable problems with not being able to see the bottom of some of the important dialogue boxes. This has made KDE pretty unuseable for me. Anyway, I'm thinking this was just caused by an unsuccessful installation. So since the files are so large I'm just wondering which of the files I can delete until the updated program is released.

Thanks,
Neil

dubwise
2008-01-24, 15:25
I've had unresolvable problems with not being able to see the bottom of some of the important dialogue boxes.

Quite resolvable.
Some of them are draggable in the multi-desktop window.
For the others, go into Accessability - Keyboard Shortcuts and map Move Window to a hardware button.
On my N810, I'm using the Swap Windows button.
Even kind of looks like a dragged window.

penguinbait
2008-01-24, 15:41
Hi,

I installed KDE via the deb file method. Thanks PB. I've had unresolvable problems with not being able to see the bottom of some of the important dialogue boxes. This has made KDE pretty unuseable for me. Anyway, I'm thinking this was just caused by an unsuccessful installation. So since the files are so large I'm just wondering which of the files I can delete until the updated program is released.

Thanks,
Neil

Well, I really not sure what your asking?

Have you uninstalled KDE? do you mean the debs and tar file? do you mean local.img and swap.img? I am just not sure what your asking. If you uninstalled KDE you can remove everything??

sungrove
2008-01-24, 17:14
Sorry I wasn't clear. I just thought that your update would not require removal of all the files I downloaded to install KDE. I just want to uninstall the minimum deb files required for the update. And no, the dialogue window I'm talking about does not respond to any remedies to raise it high enough. I'm aware of what has been talked about in these forums.

Thanks
Neil

Edit: Specifically- When I try configuring Kmail is when I am having this problem of not being able to move a dialogue window up. This window appears on top of the others at :
koffice, kmail, configure kmail, add account

This 'add account' window is what I can not move up to see the bottom. When I set keyboard key F7 as my move window key and then tried tapping that and then moving the window by dragging (what else?) I find that everything is frozen. I have to reboot to get going again. The advise of setting a shortcut key to move a window up seems to come from those with n810s who have actual hardware. What hardware would be OK to set in this way on my n800? I can try some more, but so far this has been a brick wall for me.

Edit 2-- I just had mixed success mapping the left key on my n800 as the move key. Problem is that it wants to both move the screen left and act as my move window button. I'll start a new thread on this.