PDA

View Full Version : [KDE] What button or virtual keyboard key works to map a 'move window' shortcut?

sungrove
2008-01-24, 18:36
I see how to map a shortcut so that I can move a window up now. I have had mixed results by mapping 'move window' to my 'left' button on my n800. Mixed because when the left button is pushed the window starts moving left. Apparently mapping 'move window' to this button activated that button only as 'move window left' and as 'when this button is held you can move the window around with the stylis' Mapping it this way moves an outline of the window and then pushing the center button completes the move by filling in the window. Ideally I could map each of the left, right, up, down buttons there to be able to do the same type of thing.
So how do I do that or just use one of the buttons as a move window button? What have you done here with your n800?

Thanks,
Neil

penguinbait
2008-01-24, 19:40
I see how to map a shortcut so that I can move a window up now. I have had mixed results by mapping 'move window' to my 'left' button on my n800. Mixed because when the left button is pushed the window starts moving left. Apparently mapping 'move window' to this button activated that button only as 'move window left' and as 'when this button is held you can move the window around with the stylis' Mapping it this way moves an outline of the window and then pushing the center button completes the move by filling in the window. Ideally I could map each of the left, right, up, down buttons there to be able to do the same type of thing.
So how do I do that or just use one of the buttons as a move window button? What have you done here with your n800?

Thanks,
Neil

By default is CTRL + F5 but you can map it anywhere you like using "Control Center" "Keyboard Shortcuts"

sungrove
2008-01-24, 22:09
ctrl+F5 in virtual keyboard didn't do anything, but maybe I'm just not doing it right. But I went ahead and tried mapping the 'move window' to the center button of the upper left button set (n800). This works great. I can now press and hold that button an then drag the page way up (or whereever). Releasing the button sets the page there.

Neil

penguinbait
2008-01-26, 00:41
ctrl+F5 in virtual keyboard didn't do anything, but maybe I'm just not doing it right. But I went ahead and tried mapping the 'move window' to the center button of the upper left button set (n800). This works great. I can now press and hold that button an then drag the page way up (or whereever). Releasing the button sets the page there.

Neil

Perhaps we should start a N800 settings thread, and come up with n800 specific settings. This was specifically directed at the 810, but I tested in on the 800 also, I jut never used that because I used the fullscreen.

What might be really interesting is mapping one of the keys on the n810 to a modifier, like shift or control, then we could have twice and many hardware key shorcuts, buttons are definelty in short supply on n800. On the 810 you have all kids of buttons you can map anything to.

If you have some ideas on shortcut layout perhaps we'll make a n800 specific version.

We need some xmodmap experts in here..