PDA

View Full Version : Video Center for OS2008

El Amir
2007-12-24, 21:56
As the title says it,
you can now download Video Center on your N810/N800 running OS2008.
Had a look on the forum and haven't seen this posted anywhere.
If it had, i'm sorry, no need to give me the search-before-you-post talk, as I already did :)

Unfortunately I cant tell you which repo its from as I Have all of them installed (got 'em from www.gronmayer.com/it )

Im guessing its on one of Nokia's repo.

endzeit
2007-12-24, 22:22
Any cool changes made? :)

Sloan
2007-12-25, 02:56
i can't find it anywhere.... :( I guess I'll keep refreshing and checking back. Good news that some are getting it though!

Traecer
2007-12-25, 05:24
Yes, but with Natali del Conte leaving Textra, half of my reason for using Video Center just disappeared. I guess I can keep using VC to download boring old audio podcasts...

Sloan
2007-12-25, 06:05
has anyone else been able to install VC?

Talon88
2007-12-25, 06:07
+++

what'll Video Center do?
the describion is a bit confuse...

+++

luso
2007-12-25, 10:22
Videocenter is a videocast appplication provided by Nokia. you should find it in Application Manager (list of instalable applications)

geneven
2007-12-25, 11:45
Maybe we will be able to get Natali's CNET broadcasts in Video Center.

I've successfully installed Video Center on os2008 on my N800; in fact, that's where I saw saw her lastt Textra show.

Zuber
2007-12-25, 12:03
Just been watching some GeekBriefs on it.

Some interesting ones.

Not so sure about "How to make cheese toast" though.

Zuber

naidu9
2007-12-25, 13:51
Videocenter does not show in the application manager list of installable applications:(. Is there any link or way to get Videocenter? It doesn't seem to be available at Maemo or anywhere for os2008. Can anyone give me step-by step instructions how to get and install Videocenter. Thanks.

prk60091
2007-12-25, 13:56
unable to install file corrupted

geneven
2007-12-25, 14:45
It was in the list for me. Did you see the information about changing the spelling of the word "repository" to "repostory"?

I went through all the repositories listed in the Application Catalog, and all of the urls that contained the word repository I changed to be spelled "repostory".

After I did that and refreshed the catalog, I could install Video Center. (At least, I'm pretty sure that's when it happened!)

I hope that's clear.

iontruo2
2007-12-25, 15:37
Nope, unable to find it....anywhere. How funny. Anybody have a link?
My repository's are as you described above, but no appearance of it in the standard applications catalog.

vnguyen972
2007-12-25, 16:22
As the title says it,
you can now download Video Center on your N810/N800 running OS2008.
Had a look on the forum and haven't seen this posted anywhere.
If it had, i'm sorry, no need to give me the search-before-you-post talk, as I already did :)

Unfortunately I cant tell you which repo its from as I Have all of them installed (got 'em from www.gronmayer.com/it )

Im guessing its on one of Nokia's repo.

Thank you. I follow this link and got it installed successfully...

All I did was to do a search for "videocenter" under OS2008 and select the checkbox and click install the selected catalog. After that VideoCenter shows up on my Application List ready to install...

Thanks again.

namtastic
2007-12-25, 17:18
Just took a look at it. It's the default repo, but with "chinook" specified. (The default entry leaves the distribution blank.)

I was in the same boat as most, reloading AppManager but not seeing the app. I wonder if they are waiting for an announcement or something before putting it into the default repo path?

Greyghost
2007-12-25, 18:41
Just took a look at it. It's the default repo, but with "chinook" specified. (The default entry leaves the distribution blank.)

I was in the same boat as most, reloading AppManager but not seeing the app. I wonder if they are waiting for an announcement or something before putting it into the default repo path?

You're almost there! I was just able to do this. I changed the default distribution from blank to 'chinook' in the Nokia 3rd party software catalog (http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/non-certified/) and it showed up in the list of installable apps.

Btw, it didn't involve changing 'repository' to 'repostory' (which didn't sound right (to me, anyway:)).

EDIT: But the app doesn't appear to be working, alas. I have an N810 with the latest firmware, so perhaps there's an inconsistency somewhere in this version. I'll try a reboot to see if that solves it...

Update: No, the reboot resulted in a new icon for the app but the result is the same...nothing happens. Since other report it working (thanks El Amir) I'm guessing it's just a version issue. Likely a new version will solve this. For me it's not a 'must-have' app so I can be patient, but I do like this because it adds so much for so little!

El Amir
2007-12-25, 18:55
Thank you. I follow this link and got it installed successfully...

All I did was to do a search for "videocenter" under OS2008 and select the checkbox and click install the selected catalog. After that VideoCenter shows up on my Application List ready to install...

Thanks again.

No worries :D
My pleasure to help the "Tablet community" :p

Just to point out that I have te application and that it working fine ( it downloads the videos and plays them fine!
Btw I have a n800 w/ OS2008(final not beta)

namtastic
2007-12-25, 22:18
You're almost there! I was just able to do this. I changed the default distribution from blank to 'chinook' in the Nokia 3rd party software catalog (http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/non-certified/) and it showed up in the list of installable apps.

Yah, that is what I said. :)
Still doesn't change that video center *isn't* in the default repo as defaulty configured.

Zuber
2007-12-25, 22:50
Strange.

I have it working on my N810 after disabling the 3 failing repositories and adding the temp ones via the install link on the "Attention..." thread.

Newbie, so have not done anything clever...

Zuber

Crussader
2007-12-26, 14:57
Well I managed to install it but manually... downloading the files from the repository that appear on this folder. Install all but install videocenter at the end.

Reggie
2008-01-25, 15:29
Previously released on OS2007 as a beta, Nokia just announced Video Center's official release for OS2008. Video Center lets you subscribe, download, stream, and manage video from feeds and gives you the option to store them on your Internet Tablet for later viewing. Video Center is currently configured to support video feeds from PodShow and Rocketboom with other official feeds to be added in the future. You can add your own video feeds however, as long as they are in RSS 2.0, XMLTV, or SPF format. Links: Video Center Garage, Install Video Center OS2008 Official screenshots after the jump. Main View: Â* Internet Videos View: My Videos View: Read the full article. (http://www.internettablettalk.com/2008/01/25/video-center-for-os2008/)

Reggie
2008-01-25, 15:37
For those trying it out, anyone care to try YouTube and Blip.tv feeds? Also, I wonder if audio podcasts would work.

Thanks.

El Amir
2008-01-25, 16:11
Its not really "new" news is it? I already posted a thread saying that VideoCenter was available on OS2008 and that is was not beta anymore...

see here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13767&highlight=beta+anymore

someone forgot to use the "search" utility..... :) just kidding

Reggie
2008-01-25, 16:32
Sorry El Amir. It was just that Nokia only did the official announcement today. I'll merge the two threads then. Thanks!

violent ken
2008-01-25, 20:55
i've installed the 4 feeds form the catalog but is there some website where it lists more of these xmltv feeds?

El Amir
2008-01-26, 03:17
Sorry El Amir. It was just that Nokia only did the official announcement today. I'll merge the two threads then. Thanks!
No worries :)

Jerome
2008-01-26, 07:44
For those trying it out, anyone care to try YouTube and Blip.tv feeds?

I tried the "bestofyoutube" feed, it works but some videos are in a resolution two high to be played smoothly on the N800.

TTgowings
2008-01-26, 09:22
I've just re-installed again (3-4x now) once I got VC to finally recognize my Media Player, after several updates and re-installs, its then you need to reboot to start using Mplayer as the default player.

So this time It's seems to work ok so far..

me

jazzbass12
2008-01-26, 18:08
Ive been using this link http://www.videopodcasts.tv/
to find Vid Podcasts. click on the RSS button when you select a feed you want. Then copy and paste into Video Center when you are adding services.
I have found a few good ones on this site. Works pretty well for me.

rdcinhou
2008-01-27, 17:49
Is it time to post a bug/improvements thread about VideoCenter?

It would seem that if you stream an videocast it would mark it as Viewed for you. Instead you have to do this manually.

Manual would not be so bad if it would have check boxes next to each item that you could mark many at the same time instead of the pull-down menu (three taps for each after selection).