PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Web Access on 770

Mark S
2006-03-12, 17:12
There are many positives and negatives to the 770, but my main goal was to read my work e-mail on it. The mail client is poor, so I figured that I would opt for online access. Since I am not a techie, I cannot get Citrix to run on the 770 (it is probably theorectically possible, but if it requires anything other than clicking install then it will not happen for me), so I opted for Outlook Web Access. When I go to my firm's site to access OWA the page only partially loads (the structure of outlook loads but none of my outlook data or mail load). Without OWA, the 770 is useless to me. Any ideas?? I see in other posts that people are using OWA, but it is not working for me.

I have also have found a few other annoying aspects of the 770:

1. The WLAN access seems VERY short range. I cannot access the web from about 20 feet from my wifi AP with the 770. I can acess the web with my laptop in the same place and a wirelessly networked printer is even 5 feet further away.

2. The opera version of the browser is not supported by Sirius Sattelite radio - no streaming of Sirius over the 770. I can stream on a Pocket PC.

RogerS
2006-03-12, 20:33
I don't know what help to give you. In my own case, I don't have any trouble accessing my company's Outlook via its web access. Everything loads and displays properly, mail, calendar, and so on.

Well, you say "the page only partially loads." Hm-m. I have modified my system in one significant way. Or make that two. First I installed the modified firmware image that gave me root access. (Described in the itT Forum thread "Nokia 770 'root-enabled' image (http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003&highlight=root+access)".)

Second, I followed the simple steps laid out by Wolfram Ravenwolf at the Maemo Wiki to extend my file system (http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ExtendedRootFilesystem) to the MMC card (which, in my case, is a larger one than supplied by Nokia).

That has allowed me to have more windows open and more apps running at one time than before, and apparently to have more complex webpages load.

Conceivably this might help you. I can't tell how complex the pages containing mail and calendar items are, but maybe if you accessed them from your desktop and changed the number of items per page in the Options tab, it would simplify the page enough to be rendered fully in your 770.

argh
2006-03-12, 22:15
I occasionally have the same trouble with my owa. I attributed it to dropped internet connections. Enough times re-loading the page and it generally works.

I don't know about using citrix on the 770, but that is basically the same as VNC- you install the client on your 770 and the server on your desktop.

stevecub
2006-03-13, 03:42
when i try towards access owa, i get a 'bad request' error.
it was working great for a while, but now i get the error.
any ideas on this? thanks