PDA

View Full Version : Soft power off

deberrc
2008-01-27, 07:23
Please don't have an attack. This is the thing: I found a link to a small app that actually added a soft power off option to my N800 power down menu. But, I had to reflash the unit to get maps working again (long story) but I can't find the link to the small app again.... I know everyone has new images, editing linux config file, etc. but this little app did what I wanted and turned of the screen instantly and brought it back up with the power switch. (Just like a palm or PPC).

If anyone knows how to find the link that adds the "soft poweroff" to the menu, please email me....

Thanks lots.

nhanquy
2008-01-27, 07:36
Is this the one

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15223&highlight=soft+power

?

Read this (from fanoush):

You can also edit /etc/systemui/systemui.xml and uncomment reboot item so it in not inside <!-- -->.
After one reboot you have 'reboot' item in power key menu. But true that this can't 'reboot your tablet without using the tablet power button'.

deberrc
2008-01-27, 20:47
Hi. Sorry, that's not it yet. I found it yesterday quite by accident. I was reading the brightness os2008 complaints and ran into the soft off threads. One guy simply said 'if you don't mind borrowing some elses code try this. The link installed itself and then I had 5 items in power off menu. It worked great but so far I can't locate it again. Thanks for everyones help. If I find it again I'll post it. deberrc n800 os2008

geneven
2008-01-27, 20:51
I've got it. It's called (running over and grabbing my N800) powerlaunch!

I don't know the repository, but you should be able to find it at the Gronmayer/it site.

Someone claimed it messed their battery or something up, but I have had nothing but good from it.

deberrc
2008-01-27, 21:52
Thank you! Works like a champ. I'll have to do some battery testing, etc.

deberrc:)

[catalogues]
catalogues = Austinche

[Austinche]
name = Austinche
uri = http://austinche.name/maemo
dist = chinook/
components =

iamthewalrus
2008-01-28, 10:25
Thanks a lot! I am glad to have this option back. It also symbolizes what's wrong with the internet tablets IMO. Something like this should be DEFAULT. How is the average user going to find this?