PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question regarding SCUMMVM

mobyizhere
2008-01-28, 17:12
HI guys,

I tried surfin the newbie section before I post here.

I bought my N810 last week and stumbled upon the fact that you can actually play moneky island and etc on it? WOW! that just mde me so nostalgic. SO i been reading about it on forums etc. Got scummv installed and also downloaded a few games (i.e monkey island 2).

Problem is I dont know where to go from here. I dont kno which folders to put these games on. ONce you connect the n810 to the PC, i only 3 folders, video, music and like a cache folder. Nothing else.

So where do i put all the files from the game folder (includes monkeyisland.exe and bunch of other files). And lastly when you open scummvm and it shows the places where you can find games in on the N810. It includes bin,root etc. How do I access those folders as it doesnt show up when I connect my N810 directly with the PC (ruinning XP).

I am sorry for the newbie q's, apologies. Any help to help a brother would be appreciated.

Thank you.

mobyizhere@hotmail.com
moby

Duncan
2008-01-28, 18:09
I hope that by 'download' you mean 'copied off the discs'.

Create a new folder at the same level as the Video &c. folders you see and call it something like 'E:\scumm' (the drive letter might not be E: for you) Then create a sub-folder under scumm for each game. e.g. E:\scumm\monkey, and copy the games files into that folder.
Check http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Category:SCUMM_Games to find exactly which files you need to copy for each game: you don't need all of them (but if you do copy all of them it should still work). Also on scummvm.org you can find tools to further compress some of the files which is useful to save some space but not essential.

Now disconnect from your PC and start scummvm. The drive letters on your PC correspond to directories /media/mmc2 and /media/mmc1, so if you copied to \scumm\monkey on the first drive letter that would be /media/mmc2/scumm/monkey on the tablet. If you forget to disconnect from the PC them you won't be able to see the files.

In scummvm you select the folder containing the game files (e.g. monkey) not the individual files.

mobyizhere
2008-01-28, 18:36
thank you duncan your help is most appreciated.i am going to go home tonight and try it and write back if i am successfull!

yes by downlaod i meant "copied of old cds!"

thank you

moby