PDA

View Full Version : [KDE] x11vnc still imbedded in KDE?

sungrove
2008-01-29, 06:27
I was searching tonight on the subject of vnc and found a post by Penguinbait in late Fall where he/you said that x11vnc was imbedded in KDE. So, is it still there in the deb file download version? If so, where can I download the proper version of the rdesktop software I need for my windows XP Laptop so I can view KDE on my laptop? And what is the setup process like? I think this would be great because I could hopefully see KDE much larger and be able to function in it that much more easily. Do I have this right?

Thanks
Neil

penguinbait
2008-01-29, 12:34
I was searching tonight on the subject of vnc and found a post by Penguinbait in late Fall where he/you said that x11vnc was imbedded in KDE. So, is it still there in the deb file download version? If so, where can I download the proper version of the rdesktop software I need for my windows XP Laptop so I can view KDE on my laptop? And what is the setup process like? I think this would be great because I could hopefully see KDE much larger and be able to function in it that much more easily. Do I have this right?

Thanks
Neil

If you have the DEB version of KDE VNC server is already running. Point VNC client to tablet and connect, password is rootme.

You can also connect to the tablet via "Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop" and it will use built it client in tablet.

Give it a go!!