PDA

View Full Version : Help with installing. Erminig related.

azeledge
2008-01-30, 05:17
I know it's been asked before but I still can't seem to get this correct.
Basically I'm trying to get Erminig setup so it can sync gpe calander with google calander.

the 4 things I can't install(find) are:

# python2.5
# python2.5-gtk2
# python2.5-hildon
# python2.5-xml

As instructed from tahitibob's walkthru. I've tried doing the root access thing to no success because I have to be in RD mode or something and that is a process in itself. I've refreshed and added all the repositories in application manager and still cannot find these items even though they are suppose to be there. Any help would be appreciated. Even if I have install from SD card.

I'm OS2008 on an N800. Thanks so much for any info!

-AzelEdge.

yerga
2008-01-30, 09:01
If you want to install these packages in the application manager, you should be in red pill mode (please, search about it).
They aren't any graphical application, so they aren't shown in the main list of the app manager.

Ideal would be that David would upload Erminig to some repo (especially to extras), but he will have some reason for not do it.

azeledge
2008-01-30, 15:07
Thanks for the reply/info will do some searching! Thanks again!

-AzelEdge

noventa98
2008-02-01, 22:31
Hello,

I have installed erminig and the other packages but the application doesn't launch. It appears in the Extra Folder though and in the list of installed applications. I also tried in red pill mode.

I am missing something?

Thanks,
Antonio

noventa98
2008-02-03, 15:43
Solved!

Some libraries were missing. Check out on the erminig forum (david.hautbois.free.fr/joomla/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=52&func=view&id=13&catid=3) what is needed and install in red pill mode.

I did install python-gtk2, python-hildon, and python-xml for Python 2.5.

Works well with my gmail account.

Thanks
Antonio