PDA

View Full Version : GPE Calendar Problem

lemmy
2008-01-30, 08:51
A problem has just arisen with gpeCalendar on my N810.
It will no longer show any view other than agenda. Selecting any other view causes it to shut down.
I have reinstalled it and removed the unit battery overnight but neither has made any difference.
Anyone else come across this problem?

grau
2008-01-30, 09:43
I've had this problem a while ago. It seems to act like this if you disable the sidebar (which I had done). Enabling it solved it all.

lemmy
2008-01-30, 11:05
That did it!
For anyone else with the same problem, you have to close the program down and restart it for it to take effect.

grau
2008-01-30, 14:17
Glad I could help someone ! It's the first time I have an answer to someone's problem with IT :D

I have another odd issue, though. If I ask an event to be a "full day event" (menaing, not having to enter a starting and ending hour), it appears as during 2 days. So if I set an event on monday only asking for it to be an all-day event, it would also appear on tuesday on the month or week view.

Anyone know about that ?

PS : Also, I hope the Calendar applet will return for OS2008. Since I'm using different "calendars" with different colors to distinguish them quickly and the Summary applet doesn't show those colors :(

ghavenga
2008-01-30, 20:05
I've got a different problem - I can't enable the applet on my 800's home screen.

I click "home", "select applets...", then check the box for GPE Calendar, and hit "OK" and the applet does not appear, and when I got back to the list of applets, the "GPE Calendar" entry is unchecked again.

Any ideas?

G

grau
2008-01-30, 22:48
That's what I meant in my previous message : the calendar applet doesn't work on OS2008. You can use the summary applet.

I really hope the calendar applet will be fixed soon.

ghavenga
2008-01-30, 23:41
Ahhh...

I guess I'm still waiting for some PIM application for the maemo platform that has a higher degree of integration.

I guess it's like everything else - it's not _that_ hard, it's just no one (who has a full time job, especially writing software like I do) has time to devote to such a wide ranging project.

Still, GPE Calendar is pretty good already.

G

nilchak
2008-02-05, 21:10
I am using the GPE Summary applet (the GPE Calendar applet does not work for me too), but surprisingly the GPE Summary does not show any of my events or Todos.

I manyally refreshed it (Click on refesh button), I enabled the Auto refresh, but still I dont see the pending todos, or any current or future events on the summary. Its all blank.

terrencegf
2008-02-26, 03:38
I have another odd issue, though. If I ask an event to be a "full day event" (menaing, not having to enter a starting and ending hour), it appears as during 2 days. So if I set an event on monday only asking for it to be an all-day event, it would also appear on tuesday on the month or week view.

Anyone know about that ?

I am also seeing this problem, but it doesn't happen for every "full day event". I'm currently trying to set up a development environment to compile my own GPE Calendar app since I'm tired of having Saturday and Sunday grouped together in the month view, and I'm pretty sure I know how to massage the code to fix that. I'll see if I can find the "two day" problem as well.

suitti
2008-02-28, 16:15
When my 770 died, i needed access to my calendar info, which was in my full backup on my Linux box. I downloaded sqlite for the desktop, and successfully queried the calendar files for my upcoming appointments. What would have been nice is if GPE calendar was available to install on the desktop... Any pointers?

tj110158
2008-02-28, 19:01
YES Lemmy, I have just experienced it, and THANK'S GRAU for the quick solution.