PDA

View Full Version : Installed software isn't shwing up in Applications Menu!!!

loughmillermedia
2008-01-30, 17:49
I just got a Nokia N800 and upgraded to OS 2008. I then went to Maemo.org to download some application catalogues. Every program I tried to install installed through the application manager with success. In the application manager "show installed application list all of the aplications I had installed were in the list as installed, but I could only find icons to launch about 1/3 of the aps in my aplication launcher. What's going on?

Please help me

GearJammer
2008-01-30, 18:17
what are you installing & where are you looking for them once installed?

loughmillermedia
2008-01-30, 19:23
I am trying to install a program called Image Magick. I am just looking for the program from the application button on the bar on the left side of the GUI.

free
2008-01-30, 19:33
well, imagemagick is command line only so you don't need a menu really..

Probably the packager didn't add a menu entry.
Or not properly done, in this case rebooting can fix it.

loughmillermedia
2008-01-30, 19:44
How do I run the program?

free
2008-01-30, 19:51
Imagemagick is a set of programs to manipulate various image formats (JPEG, TIFF, PhotoCD, PBM, XPM, etc...). All manipulations can be achieved through shell commands as well as through an X11 graphical interface (display).

Possible effects: colormap manipulation, channel operations, thumbnail creation, image annotation, limited drawing, image distortion, etc...

ImageMagick is the name of a package containing lots of powerfull tools.

convert

convert between image formats as well as resize an image, blur, crop, despeckle, dither, draw
on, flip, join, re-sample, and much more.

identify

describes the format and characteristics of one or more image files.

mogrify

resize an image, blur, crop, despeckle, dither, draw on, flip, join, re-sample, and much
more. Mogrify overwrites the original image file, whereas, convert writes to a different
image file.

composite

overlaps one image over another.

montage

create a composite image by combining several separate images. The images are tiled on the
composite image optionall adorned with a border, frame, image name, and more.

compare

mathematically and visually annotate the difference between an image and its reconstruction..

display

displays an image or image sequence on any X server.

animate

animates an image sequence on any X server.

import saves any visible window on an X server and outputs it as an image file. You can capture a
single window, the entire screen, or any rectangular portion of the screen.

conjure

interprets and executes scripts written in the Magick Scripting Language (MSL).

For more information about the ImageMagick, point your browser to
http://www.imagemagick.org/.

To get the help of say convert:
convert --help

Happy reading! ;)

loughmillermedia
2008-01-30, 20:04
I think I am starting to catch on. Thank you

free
2008-01-30, 20:18
Here's an simple example:

convert original.jpg -geometry "50%x50%" -interlace Line -quality 90 resized.jpg

This will rescale to 1/2, change quality to 90% and put a Line interlacing (useful for web)