PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Purchases

acevid
2008-01-30, 23:43
Hi smart people,

I recently got a Nokia N800 Internet Tablet and really love it for music/videos..nuff said.

I really like iTunes and the iTunes store setup...but alas, the iTunes purchases won't play on my N800 due to DRM.

I've already bought 3 iPods (1 shuffle and 2 nano 2nd gen for my kids)

Is there a way to strip the DRM from my iTunes purchases so I can enjoy them on my N800?(video too)

IMO..the legal iTunes option is faster, easier then other content gathering options..I just want to play my purchases on MY device.

Thanks in advance...

SD69
2008-01-30, 23:57
Is there a way to strip the DRM from my iTunes purchases so I can enjoy them on my N800?(video too)

There is (intentionally) no way to do this.

iklier
2008-01-31, 00:03
For audio the only way to unDRM iTunes tracks is to burn them to CD then rip them back into iTunes.

For video there is currently no way (that I know of) to remove the DRM

jimb
2008-01-31, 00:06
I'd like to know too. Isn't it possible to burn itunes purchases onto an audio cd - then import the audio cd tracks as mp3 (maybe have to use a different program to rip the files)?

DJames1
2008-01-31, 03:02
Burn and rip back is the standard way to remove DRM. You can use a virtual CD drive to speed it up if necessary, but you'll have to re-enter the track information manually after ripping (unless you use something like MusicBrainz Tagger to help).

But wasn't there an app called Fairplay to remove DRM from iTunes tracks that you own? Or was that eventually disabled by one of the iTunes updates?

kudos1uk
2008-01-31, 08:35
Try MyFairTunes7

Not tried it myself but its supposed to do the job.

http://hymn-project.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1555

acevid
2008-01-31, 12:58
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Raptor
2008-01-31, 13:13
iTunes Plus tracks are DRM-free, and that you can upgrade older non-Plus tracks for 30 cents per song. Apple's been bragging about how they'll play on damned near anything, but it hasn't become a store-wide option yet.

Pros: Totally legit, and you don't lose quality via any transcoding processes (a practice which should probably fall under fair use, but I'm not going to play copyright lawyer.)
Cons: You're throwing money at the problem, and not every label on iTMS supports Plus just yet.