PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] The first Update (Bug fixes) is OUT!

handful
2008-02-02, 03:13
Hello guys,

We almost lost it as now is already after midnight but we finally close it. Of course there will be new bugs, but we thinking this was a nice set of bug fixes. Still some annoyances for some people but please don't stop sending us the bugs, suggestions critics. We will not only listen to them, discuss them with you but implement if it makes sense and others also want it.

PLEASE REBOOT after updating!! (Deamons need to be restarted) - everything was updated this time.

the site is also updated, and please if you have 770 with HE there's a slightly different approach to install and it's explained in the website!

http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/index.html

You can check out the change log here :

http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/news.html

and the new roadmap in the bottom of this page :

http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/about.html

PJE
2008-02-02, 03:20
Hi Handful,

Thanks for the update. Is there any reason why Canola should lock up my machine? Is it searching in the background when initially run, a I have locked up my N800 OS2008 in both music and podcasts.

handful
2008-02-02, 03:22
Hi PJE,

It was not supposed, Actually in the first load it can take a while if you have bigger cards, but you can always test it by updating the media library just to check.

But this is starting to scare me, we tested with so much devices, so many times... can you please send more info? if we can reproduce we will try to gather tomorrow to fix it : /

Br

cmarcelo
2008-02-02, 03:36
Is there any reason why Canola should lock up my machine? Is it searching in the background when initially run, a I have locked up my N800 OS2008 in both music and podcasts.

Hello. The helper daemons were updated too (atabake media engine and canolad), so it may be necessary to restart them, easiest way being restart your device (so any old version still in memory get killed). Could you try that?

handful
2008-02-02, 03:39
UPDATE

Guys it seems that you need to reboot the device after installing (so canolad can start the new version and other things) We already looking into that.. but seems that you need to restart so the deamons are all right also.

PLEASE REBOOT after updating!!

homelinux
2008-02-02, 04:46
I'm doing the installation of the new beta now. Will report back once I rebooted. Canola is a great app, no questions about it.

homelinux
2008-02-02, 04:52
10 minutes later ... working as advertised. I look forward to the next update.

handful
2008-02-02, 04:59
Home : so no problems in running it?

jackass124
2008-02-02, 09:25
hmm...I can't seem to play any of my music tracks now Handful!....videos work fine, but all of a sudden, no music files will play...anyone else get this happening??...should i uninstall and reinstall??

onion_cfe
2008-02-02, 10:43
Report from the first 5 minutes - loving the bugfixes, great to be able to easily update the library. More to explore of course.

One question from the first 5 minutes:

Have you intentionally disabled the scroll bar on the right hand side of scrolling lists? I liked using that to jump further down the list without having to scroll through 10+ pages. It still appears when scrolling but it doesn't seem to respond to being tapped anymore.

handful
2008-02-02, 11:55
Onion : that was actually a mistake (because you have the podcast buttons and other things) but we do have a solution that is coming to provide you that functionality.

But yes is out : / sorry for that. the scrollbar is small just to indicate to your where you are in the list, no to be touched.

BR

Marcelo

Nif
2008-02-02, 13:00
Hi

Installation went fine. But somehow the podcast icon was missing. Restarting seemed to solve this.

The only other issue that I saw was that playlists are not recognized anymore. I had a little playlist which worked fine in the initial Canola 2 beta release. But then in this beta2 version the playlist does not show up anymore.

handful
2008-02-02, 13:56
Hi Nif, can you send it to us ? Of course we just want to see the formating...
As we are not supporting the creation, I will be honest we are not testing the playlist too much.. it will be more tested from now on.. but we can take a look and already place on tests..

Sorry for the trouble..

And yes, podcast disappeared because of the new download manager.. that wasn't running.. wwhen you restarted.. it comes back with the new dmanager running =)

barbieri
2008-02-02, 14:07
Hi

Installation went fine. But somehow the podcast icon was missing. Restarting seemed to solve this.

The only other issue that I saw was that playlists are not recognized anymore. I had a little playlist which worked fine in the initial Canola 2 beta release. But then in this beta2 version the playlist does not show up anymore.

Playlists were supposed to work like before, that code is untouched in months... Could you please double check playlists are either .pls or .m3u and they're being watched in the media library? Note that now we have an "eye with a check mark" to say it's being watched, just an eye is not being watched (you click to watch it).

Nif
2008-02-02, 15:38
Dear Barbieri and Handful

Thx for the feedback.

I tried both pls and m3u. Funny thing is that the playlist screen is simply empty, i.e. it does not say in faded text “no items found“, which is something which is displayed when I do not scan my playlist folder.

The m3u file is a simple file generated with the standard Media Player.