PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Removing 8x0 version of Canola2 in a 770

pablob
2008-02-02, 05:07
Hi!

This is a service for people who did not read the instructions before installing the Beta 2 of Canola 2 in their 770 (such as yours truly :D).

If you install the 8x0 version and then remove it from the Application Manager, not all the components are removed. Thus, when you follow the instructions and install the 770 version, it still won't work.

In order to completely remove the wrong Canola components you need to remove the following packages (it should free about 4.7 Mb):

libecore0
libecore0-desktop
libecore0-evas
libecore0-file
libecore0-imf
libecore0-imf-evas
libecore0-job
libecore0-txt
libecore0-x
libedbus0
libedje0
libeet0
libembryo0
libetk0
libetk0-engine-evas
libetk0-engine-evas-software-x11
libetk0-engine-evas-software-x11-16
libetk0-engine-evas-x11
libevas0
libevas0-engine-software-generic
libevas0-engine-software-x11
libevas0-engine-software-x11-16
libevas0-loader-eet

I did not check, but it is probable that you need to enable red-pill mode in App Manager. I removed them using "apt-get remove" from an xterm.

Bye & Good Luck!

Pablo B.

dburr10085
2008-02-04, 16:01
thanks for this info. Can you tell what exactly is happening if the old Canola2 is not completely uninstalled? I can get up to the part when all of the components are loaded, but then it gets to the green screen and nothing.

handful
2008-02-04, 17:59
Dbuur : yes, because you have a mix old and new libs.. causing a mess : /

pablob
2008-02-05, 01:11
@Dburr

In my case, before uninstalling those libraries Canola would die event before getting to the green screen (with an "Illegal Instruction" if started from an xterm).

I guess you'll have to remove everything and install the new beta afterwards...

Bye & Good Luck!

Pablo B.