PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Want to delete Canola2 database, How do I gain root access?

Optomisticsi
2008-02-02, 12:38
I've installed the new Canola2 update, and the Tuning. Most of my albums already showed the right album art but a few were either missing or just totally wrong. Now that I have the update, I ran the scan tuning app again and it found the right embedded album art for the missing ones but didn't correct the artwork that was just wrong.

After perusing (Cool word) the forums for ages, it seems I need to delete the Canola2 database for which I need to gain root access?

I've been trawling the internet for a step-by-step guide for gaining root accress on the N810, but haven't found a definitive guide (Some mention needing Dropbear, OpenSSH, xTerm).

Can anyone help with a walkthrough on this, as I don't have much more hair to pull out?

For reference, I've installed Open SSH and reset the password. In xTerm I entered "sudo gainroot" and it said "Enter RD mode to break your device" or something along those lines. At that point I got scared and ran away.

Help. lol

handful
2008-02-02, 12:53
Hi Optomo,

If you already have the SSH installed, use you computer (in the same network as you device) get your device's IP on the network manager (first menu) and then connect to it already as root :

ssh root@10.1.1.6
where the 10.1.1.6 is actually your device's IP.

Type your password, and voilá.

We understand what you said, but actually the album art is a folder, so if you delete it and run again, I think will have the same effect

just go to your folder

and type cd .canola and you will find the cover folder there. Delete it, run canola tuning again.

I think we can add a "refresh covers" in canola tuning, thanks for letting us know the problem.

BR

Marcelo

Optomisticsi
2008-02-02, 13:00
Cheers for that, I'll give it a go today. Great app by the way, will you thank all your team for me!