PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Canola2 Applet

Optomisticsi
2008-02-02, 13:03
Canola 1 used to have a great little applet on the home screen for launching the program, and rescanning the files. Any plans to bring that applet to Canola2?

Would be brilliant!

handful
2008-02-02, 13:44
Yes =) indeed,

But as we are not finished, I think we will leave this to the end. My "thinking" now is that we have one more REALLY importating feature coming..that would be nice to have "controlled" in the applet : the downloads of podcast (and future videocasts)

But the basics.. launching.. and maybe refreshing will be there =)

ghoonk
2008-02-02, 14:13
Marcelo, here's a small suggestion:

Have the applet display the last song played, and tapping on that song would resume playback of the song and all other songs in that album / playlist.

It would also be good if the applet was able to display a list of all downloaded podcasts, sorted by chronological order, with the latest podcast on top. Frequency of update could be defined by the user in the Settings applet, and an option for podcasts to automatically download the latest podcasts from user-defined channels (e.g. I may have a list of 15 podcasts, but I only wish to have Canola automatically check for and download the latest podcast from 5 of those channels, with the option for Canola to retain only the 3/5/10 latest podcasts from that channel and automatically delete the rest)

What do you think?

handful
2008-02-02, 14:28
Yeah it's great idea =) almost like a small application ... but for sure very very useful...
I think once everything is working fine.. we can do it with a little effort =)

I will note down the suggestion..but I really don't see big problems doing that (apart from maybe taking the whole desktop from the user) lol

Marcelo