PDA

View Full Version : Saving games in FOTAQ in ScummVM

slip
2008-02-05, 20:05
How do you save games in Flight of the Amazon Queen (FOTAQ) using ScummVM on the N800?

I never really played these games before, so forgive me if this is a naive question.

I thought maybe the "journal" was how you saved games, but I'm not sure that worked. I'd rather not replay the game from the start every time.

Thanks.

spirytsick
2008-02-05, 20:21
you'd make an entry in the jounal, name it and then confirm yest. that saves the game. Reading from the Journal restores the save.

slip
2008-02-05, 20:25
Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but it didn't actually say "save game" or something like that, so I wasn't sure. It is also tricky to enter text into the journal...I was able to get a couple of "?"s in there, but only after pressing ever button on the tablet!

Do other ScummVM games save in the same way? I'd like the check out some other games in the future.

spirytsick
2008-02-05, 20:35
The way they save the game will depend on the actual title. Some will have a diskette symbol, other will have a game menu. I never had any problems getting in to work with a little investigation. Unfortunately, lack of keyboard on n800 can be a bit of a hindrance. I will definitely invest in a BT keyboard fairly soon. I just need to find a right one and for the right price.