PDA

View Full Version : gmail buggy in opera browser

jayholler
2006-03-23, 15:25
I'm at a loss here:

when i navigate to www.gmail.com the pages loads up fine. all functioality seems to be intact, however when i try opening an email by tapping on the subject lne or sender's name i get a "receiving" status in the browser toolbar as though the message is loading but the window just continues to display the inbox. trying in different locations and even refreshing will not get the message pulled up. Interestingly, the unread messages indicator to the left will change as though the message has been displayed, when in fact it has not. ultimately i swtch to standard html mode so i can read my messages. i haven't seen this issue described here before, so please accept my apologies if i'm repeating a previous post. anyone else experiencing this issue or know of a way to correct it?

Monteaup
2006-03-23, 19:43
Same to me. But this happens only to the first message in the inbox. If I mark it with an Star then the message opens...

DaScud
2006-03-23, 19:48
I just got a N770 at the IETF yesterday. Nokia is one of the sponsors and were selling this for $310. Was too good to pass up :-).
Anyways, i have seen the same problem with gmail. clicking on the unread mail just shows receiving and nothing happens. However, i changed gmail to use the standard html format ( i guess no ajax stuff) and that seemed to solve the problem.

DaScud