PDA

View Full Version : Can't download files via Opera

Smiley Dan
2006-03-23, 21:32
Something that has just started happening to me... If I try to download any file other than that being displayed in the browser, e.g. a .deb to install, a radio stream etc the download window appears but the progress for the file never goes beyond 0%.

The "Pause" button also changes to "Resume" suggesting the download is paused, but when I click it it momentarily changes to Pause, then back again.

I know these downloads are available - I just downloaded them with my laptop.

Anybody got any ideas what I should do? Can't even find the log files for opera.

Smiley Dan
2006-03-23, 21:33
And yeah, I have the newish firmware from just before Xmas.

Smiley Dan
2006-03-27, 15:09
D'oh... well it appears I was just running out of onboard (non-MMC) memory. Deleting a load of stuff made it all work again... shame there are no error messages to make this a little more obvious.

ercanmetin
2006-05-07, 03:33
Hi, well today I have installed bunch of applications.. and it came up to a point that I cannot download anything.. Like you say pause button became resume button. Well after I read these posts I checked my memory, on the device memory I still have 59mb free. And my 1GB MMC is all free.. How much device memory I should have free to be able to download again? Do you know what exactly I have to do at this point?

c_legaspi
2006-05-07, 18:32
i dont download much and so i havent any problems. you might want to try the extended memory hack and also the swap file hack