PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Back-up IRadio, Podcast, Vodcast URL's & Album Covers etc

MikeL
2008-02-16, 11:39
With each update of Canola there is always the possibility that we may loose all our prepared, entered and organised URL's, XML Feeds etc

Will there perhaps be a method to back them up and/or a way to read/synchronise URL's from a file off our PC's for example.
(for easy load into Canola Player)

I appreciate that this requirement may be in form of a "back-up" plugin.

We be useful to also back-up the specifically "Canola Player" size tailored Album Covers also? (More so as we are able to select/tidy them from within Canola)

hfw01
2008-02-18, 19:53
I agree that a backup solution for that information would be great. I would think that backing up canola.db would solve this. That would back up your entire media library as well, but I think thta is where this information is stored.

hal

handful
2008-02-18, 20:59
Hi HFw01 : yes, maybe, but we are adding user requested feature in a bigger amount so the DB was changed, so is not that simple. the safest will be to use a better export / import system.

BR

hfw01
2008-02-19, 06:50
oh well...looking forward to the import/export plugin. If we are creating a wishlist for the import/export functionality, it would be nice to be able select what we are importing/exporting. Like, I only want to export my podcasts or my radiostations. Figuring I will let the mediascanner figure out mp3s because I will put different music on the tablet next time.

Thanks for all of the great work you and the Caola team has done. I was showing Canola off today at work to someone who was interested in the N800.

-hal

jer006
2008-02-22, 01:42
being able to export IRadio and podcasts to XML (for example) would be great as it is easy to rescan your local media - given the form factor of the device it is a little more tricky to copy and paste links from the browser into C2 (not to mention difficulty finding links to begin with!)...

chenca
2008-02-22, 03:16
If I'm not wrong, this feature is working in Beta-5.
The only thing that we don't save is the Current Theme (technical issue in Maemo Backup Application).

To save the Canola prefs, covers and database check the option "Settings" in the Maemo Backup Application.

Let me know if you have some problem.

jer006
2008-02-22, 03:32
Awesome, thanks. I installed the update earlier but have not had a chance to play with it yet. Great job so far guys!