PDA

View Full Version : UNABLE TO REFRESH LIST, last refreshed date list shown

n800fm
2008-02-19, 11:45
Anybody in the forum, come across this message when updating the catalogue? Date of my last update was 11/11/07. I have 2007.38-4 installed. Haven't made the switch to OS 2008 as yet, because of some of the comments/issues that have been voiced here.

Thanks for you help.

TA-t3
2008-02-19, 11:51
When you see that message it's usually because one of your configured repositories are (temporarily) offline.
What you do is to (in application manager) select Tools -> Log, and check which repo failed (look for errors, not warnings), when you have identified it you go to application catalog, tick 'details' on each of them until you find the right one, then tick 'disabled' (or 'deactivate'). After that it'll work. At some later stage you can try to re-activate to see if the repo came online again.

n800fm
2008-02-19, 12:13
Well TA-t3, thanks for the instructions. When I got to the contents of 'Log', I saw this: Osso-application-installer 4.46. I then located it in the installed catalogue. Not sure what comes next. It was the ONLY thing in the 'Log' output.

TA-t3
2008-02-19, 12:37
The log is cleared when you leave the application manager, try looking in the log just after a (failed) update. There's also an option to clear the log, in case you try several times and the log fills up.

n800fm
2008-02-19, 14:07
Ok, this is a sample of the 'log' file immediately AFTER the above err:

"osso-application-installer 4.46, UI version 2
E: Failed to fetch http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/repository-beta2/bora/dists/bora/user/binary-armel/Packages.gz 404 Not Found
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://repository.maemo.org bora/free Packages

Hmm....where do you start..?

TA-t3
2008-02-19, 14:52
Application manager->tools->application catalog->
Then look at 'Details' for each of your entries (or maybe you know exactly which one it is) until you find the one with that URL (it's for Canola).
Then tick 'Deactivate' (or 'Disable' - I'm not sure what's in your locale).
Then 'close'. It'll update the list for you again, this time without trying that failed repository.
The W: can be ignored, but it looks like you have the same repo added twice to your application catalog.

n800fm
2008-02-19, 19:08
Thanks again TA-t3, I found the offending repository - all refreshed now.