PDA

View Full Version : fbreader problems

fathazza
2008-02-24, 22:39
Hi guys,

im having some problems with fbreader....

the first one being that it isnt remembering the place i was at or even the book i was on when i come back to it (it defaults to the fbreader manual introduction thingy)

Also sometimes when i press the buttons to make the pages go forwards sometimes it just carries on going forwards till i press the other directional button. Im pretty sure it isnt the button sticking or me pressing it down too long. Is there some setting to stop it doing this?

geneven
2008-02-24, 23:47
If that was happening to me, the first thing I'd try was uninstalling and reinstalling FBreader.

fathazza
2008-02-24, 23:49
my thoughts too, which is why ive already done it twice... :(

Johnx
2008-02-25, 00:29
I've run into both problems as well. The second one is a known problem and has something to do with interactions between fbreader and maemo. It's documented on the fbreader home page. As for the first problem, I figured I was just doing something wrong, :) but maybe it's worth looking into how and when it happens, because it certainly is annoying. O_o

-John

rachid
2008-02-25, 08:19
@fathazza
i had the same problem. In the new Versions is a "maemo"-Tab in the preferences.
There is a checkbox "Action on Key Release, not on Key Press", which you should turn on.

fathazza
2008-02-25, 20:10
thanks for the help guys, so one problem is solved....

but i still have the problem that it isnt saving bookmarks or the config (the action key on release, not on key press. reverts to being unticked every time i reopen the programme, neither are any custom button settings i set.

Tho for some reason my settings for text and background colour are saved... but nothing else seems to be :(

reinstalling isnt helping..
should i try a hard reset or something like that?

rachid
2008-02-25, 20:23
@fathazza
hmm...
you should open a xterm window and type "FBReader".
Do you get than any error messages?

fathazza
2008-02-25, 20:50
it says

FBReader[1264]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk -gtk_widgetsize_allocate() : attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0

FBReader[1264]: GLIB WARNING ** hildon-1 - Icon theme lookup for icon failed

pisti
2008-02-26, 08:22
Icon theme lookup for icon failed!

This is may not only FBReader problem.
I have no icons in applications.
Example:
browser
browser[1363]: GLIB WARNING ** hildon-1 - Icon theme lookup for icon failed!
-:3: Invalid color constant 'SelectionColor'
-:3: error: invalid string constant "SelectionColor", expected valid string constant

rachid
2008-02-26, 09:09
fathazza
do you have the newest version? which OS do you have?

you should post your message in the FBReader Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/fbreader?hl=en)
Nikolay Pultsin is the developer and for sure he will help you.
regards
Rachid

pisti
2008-02-26, 10:07
Icon theme lookup for icon failed!

Thanks fathazza.
I found the problem now.
I was wrong XDG variable after my manually KDE installation.
The right result is:
set | grep XDG
XDG_DATA_HOME='/usr/share/mime'

fathazza
2008-02-28, 01:15
fathazza
do you have the newest version? which OS do you have?

you should post your message in the FBReader Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/fbreader?hl=en)
Nikolay Pultsin is the developer and for sure he will help you.
regards
Rachid

im running 0S2008 and have the latest version of fbreader.

ill try and get a hold of that chap then, thanks for the help.

@rasti
im confused, are you running kde on your n800?

im not exactly versed in linux so have no idea what these error codes even mean... but im pretty sure all the icons are where they should be in my programmes despite the error.

fathazza
2008-03-03, 20:02
solved my config problems, my fault really as my n800 only had .6mb left of its internal memory so wasnt saving the config because of that....

thanks for all your help guys.:o

rachid
2008-03-04, 08:11
@fathazza
:)
i ran last year in that error. It was another application, but since that i have always a eye on my free space.
I am typing "df" in the command line. It gives me a overview of the free/used space