PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Groove Salad?

tuco penguin
2008-02-26, 05:11
The beat streaming radio station I know: groove salad by somafm (www.somafm.com). I cannot get canola to recognize its streams. I have assumed they are in a format not yet supported (says "powered by shoutcast.") Anyone else have success? How?

superbondbond
2008-02-26, 05:30
try

www.somafm.com/groovesalad.pls

this will get you the 128k mp3 streams.

BTW, my personal favorite is SecretAgent.

MikeL
2008-02-26, 08:11
Just to confirm that www.somafm.com/groovesalad.pls works, I quickly tested. thanks superbondbond :)

BTW there are a good selection of various stream URL's in the TVersity "Share your Online Content URLs" (http://forums.tversity.com/viewforum.php?f=5)forum

The reason I post the specific TVersity forum is due to the fact that in many cases where/when we want to add a podcast, Iradio or (In future for Canola2) Vodcast and TVstream to Canola2 on our NIT's we need to know/understand the underlying stream URL and not just the web page.

TVersity user community have spent many hours looking into ways to grab the underlying URL's, so we may can make use of the information.
(There are other sites/forums with this type of information too)

Oh and as a BTW when Canola2 supports the TVersity Universal Media Server (http://www.tversity.com/home) as a UPnP player, we will be able to again stream from TVersity onto our home networks directly to or NIT's, Playstation3's, Xbox360's etc. (in formats supported by the different devices that TVersity supports)

tuco penguin
2008-02-26, 21:08
Thanks! That works for me too.

How does TVersity differ from Slimserver and/or MythTV? I use those at home, but have yet to open up my firewall to allow me to access them when away from home... I want to do it right from a security perspective but haven't had the time to learn the "right" way.

rcadden
2008-02-27, 01:47
I've gotten Groove Salad to work in the default internet radio app easily. one touch access from the desktop.

ghoonk
2008-02-27, 08:31
Ditto. It's not something I need to fire up Canola for, not with one-touch access

gazza_d
2008-02-27, 12:57
I've got mythtv, but am waiting for the video podcast feature so I can add the rss feed from mediaserv, so I can select and watch recordings in Canola. Mediaserv by default runs onn port 8090, but it is realy simple to change it to a port which is accessible from outside.