PDA

View Full Version : N800 Power on problem

jds54
2008-02-27, 03:38
I just received My N800 from Newegg today.
After charging battery for required time unit initially powered up.
However I turned it off to see if I had one of those units that won't turn back on. It did not turn back on for 15 minutes.
I reflashed to 2008 issued a few days ago and it seems to get rid of power on issue.
My issue is with Nokia. They have not done anything to pull these units from vendors to fix issue.
Granted they issued fix but it should not be responsibility of customer to fix there issues.
I bought N810 when it first came out but returned it because GPS was crap.
Nokia seems not to care about their reputation for building quality product.:mad:

Rezigrene
2008-02-27, 04:05
haven't noticed anything yet.

GeneralAntilles
2008-02-27, 04:12
I just received My N800 from Newegg today.

That's about the most expensive place you could get it from. . . .

My issue is with Nokia. They have not done anything to pull these units from vendors to fix issue.

Uh, it's not a hardware issue, it's a software problem, and it's been fixed. Besides, do you have any idea how much it would cost to recall all the units from distributors, open them up, flash them, repackage and ship them out? N800s are still shipping with OS2007, so you're going to be flashing to OS2008 anyway.

Mountains from molehills. . . .

lm2
2008-02-27, 12:07
Nokia seems not to care about their reputation...

How serious a concern should they have, given that you purchased a unit you thought was defective, returned it, and then purchased another unit you knew may well be defective (before reflashing).

Looks to me like they've got you eating out of their hand...:)