PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Setting default podcast location?

s2k
2008-02-27, 10:54
Is there any way to set the default location that podcasts are downloaded to? Currently it seems to default to the external card but I'd like to set it to the internal.

handful
2008-02-27, 11:37
S2k it's being included in next updates s2k :) don't worry.
BR

Marcelo

stats
2008-03-08, 06:51
What is the location for downloaded podcasts?

Canola is great!

Cheers,
Rich

icebox
2008-03-15, 20:39
location is /mmc1/Podcast/

johsua
2008-03-15, 21:29
S2k it's being included in next updates s2k :) don't worry.
BR

Marcelo

This, afaict, has not been implemented in the updates since this post. Did you mean in Canola3?

Thanks for a nice product!

handful
2008-03-16, 06:37
Josuha : you can already do it by command line, we do have the thing ready (needs just the UI) but podcast had so many important things upfront that this is being "passed" to the next release. but it will FOR sure be on Beta7.

Br

vjktm
2008-03-16, 13:34
Josuha : you can already do it by command line, we do have the thing ready (needs just the UI) but podcast had so many important things upfront that this is being "passed" to the next release. but it will FOR sure be on Beta7.

Br

Hi,
what is the cli command? Is there documentation?

handful
2008-03-16, 14:01
Did you try a search here in the forum ? look for Kenneths's post in the thread.

No, there's not, because users should not worry about Cli commands :) we are just lagging the UI implementation :) (better: lacking)

Marcelo

vjktm
2008-03-16, 14:58
Did you try a search here in the forum ? look for Kenneths's post in the thread.

No, there's not, because users should not worry about Cli commands :) we are just lagging the UI implementation :) (better: lacking)

Marcelo

Marcelo, sorry, I could not find anything Kenneth said about changing the podcast download location. Obviously I have to learn to search threads better. Please could you point to it. Thanks.

johsua
2008-03-17, 07:00

Br

Excellent. The way I got around it in beta5 was to set up a symbolic link, but this also meant that I had to reformat my cards to ext3 (or something... I never remember these things). I have no idea if this results in negative side effects for Windows being able to read the card as I use linux on my PC, so before any try this, keep that in mind. If anyone wants the temporary kludge let me know and I'll post my instructions, which I'll have to recall. Seeing as it'll be in beta7 I wouldn't bother.

again - excellent.