PDA

View Full Version : PSP emulator for the N800/N810?

b-man
2008-03-02, 05:03
do you think it could be possible to emulate a PSP on the N800/N810? I think it could be possible since the system requirements for the imulator, such as the 330 mhz and 64 md of ram could be easily handled by the IT's 400 mhz cpu and x- amount of ram- (if you have virtual space enabled). The only major drawback is the lack of buttons. But i guess that if you take advantage of the IT's D- pad and create vurtual buttons such as L, R, tryangle, square, circle, ex, start, home, screen, sound, volume and, joystick you problibly could make a fairly uaible imulator, that is if you can conveintly arrang all of thoes on-screen buttons! let me know how you would feel about this idia and if you think it could be done if it hasn't ben done allrety.

OppositeOfIgnorance
2008-03-02, 06:32
i kinda doubt it because of the lack of graphics drivers/hardware.
theres a LOT of things the N800/N810 COULD DO but because the developer community is SO SMALL nothing gets done.

take a minute and look at all the amazing software available for the Jailbroken iTouch and iPhone. Why is there so much? simply because the developer community for iPods is HUGE (why? because EVERYONE HAS ONE)....

i dont blame the developers on this site - theyre working hard. its just kinda annoying because since nobody has an N800 (compared to the Touch), theres so little progress that has been made.

anyway, since theres no PSP emulator for the Touch, that probably means u cant do it with an N800

sherifnix
2008-03-02, 07:17
PSP emulation is out of the question on this class of processor. I bet we'll see more emu ports when the next iteration of Internet Tablets comes along. The newer CPU and proper video support will definitely make the tablets a respectable gaming platform.

Karel Jansens
2008-03-02, 11:49
Get a Pandora.

Incidentally, it recently surfaced that the Pandora will not be using the OMAP 3440, but rather the OMAP 3550. Rumour has it, aspiring Pandora developers are dancing in the streets.

Kevlin
2008-03-02, 13:17
No, I don't think a PSP emulator would be possible, even if on rhe ipod touch. I read somewere that a devise has ro be X10 the power of the system to run the game at native speeds, and the N800 OR iPod touch doesn't have that kind of power. Now I'm not saying a PSP emulator is a bad idea if it was possible, far from it! The N800 or 810 has a beautiful screen and enough buttons to play games. There is a PSX emu;ator out there so I guess you could always try that!

sherifnix
2008-03-02, 15:31
Get a Pandora.

Incidentally, it recently surfaced that the Pandora will not be using the OMAP 3440, but rather the OMAP 3550. Rumour has it, aspiring Pandora developers are dancing in the streets.

While I will likely be purchasing a Pandora, I don't expect there will be nice stuff like rtcomm and apps like canola. It will just replace my aging nintendo DS :)

Its also the OMAP 3430 that is supposed to be in the device, do you mean they are going to bump it to the 3440?

b-man
2008-03-02, 15:59
yah, i fiigurd it woulden't be a practicle idia. I just hope, like you guys were saying future Internet tablets will be more sutible for this idia. speking of wich, ware can i get this PSX emulator? it sounds like fun!

I'VE got one moore question. what games out thare have the best graphics that can still run on the internet tablet?

psykosis
2008-03-02, 16:09
I don't think there even is an emulator for PSP for the PC as of yet. As far as one running on the Nokia's - it just won't happen as the PSP actually has two 333Mhz MIPS processors which the 400 Mhz OMAP doesn't have a chance to emulate both.

b-man
2008-03-02, 16:16
two!!!! I thaut that there's only ONE! wow! so in therory the PSP is realy running at 600mhz when running a game! I hade no idia!

sherifnix
2008-03-02, 16:26
two!!!! I thaut that there's only ONE! wow! so in therory the PSP is realy running at 600mhz when running a game! I hade no idia!

Not quite, but I wouldn't expect PSP emulation on handhelds for a few more years.

Karel Jansens
2008-03-02, 17:57
While I will likely be purchasing a Pandora, I don't expect there will be nice stuff like rtcomm and apps like canola. It will just replace my aging nintendo DS :)

Its also the OMAP 3430 that is supposed to be in the device, do you mean they are going to bump it to the 3440?

I type numbers bad -- danged AZERTY crap. It's supposed to be "3430" and "3530". It's been confirmed that all "services" in the Pandora's 3530 will be available, including DSP and S-video out, resulting in one badass pocket computer.

BTW, I for one am not going to miss Canola; I use Kilikali, Quiver and Mplayer. I tried Canola, but I can't fathom the hype over what is essentially eye-candy, distracting from the content I want displayed.

EDIT: I admit to misreading the subject of this thread: although PSX emulation won't be much of a hassle for the Pandora, PSP probably might. Let's wait and see...

And rtcomm? Is that for chatting? If so, I don't do that, preferring fora or email, where at least I have the opportunity to clean my writings of the foulest of errors.

luca
2008-03-02, 18:56
And rtcomm? Is that for chatting? If so, I don't do that, preferring fora or email, where at least I have the opportunity to clean my writings of the foulest of errors.

It's also a sip client (in fact it's the only part of rtcomm I use).

munky261
2008-03-02, 20:42
b-man , for the love of god please use a spell checker!!!!

b-man
2008-03-05, 01:18
b-man , for the love of god please use a spell checker!!!!
I am sory. The reason whi i sometimes get spelling erors is becuse i am using my IT to right my posts and the mini spell-checker is very crummy. Pluse my on-screen keyboard sometimes malfunctions. I NEED TO BUY A NEW UMPC I'M TIERED OF USING MY IT WHEN I'M ON-THE-GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navi
2008-03-05, 01:46
GP2X Pandora's 3530 is very nice. It should be able to give us at least decent N64 speeds.

However, PSP emulation is closer to PS2 emulation. We won't see it on handhelds for a while longer.
I am sory. The reason whi i sometimes get spelling erors is becuse i am using my IT to right my posts and the mini spell-checker is very crummy. Pluse my on-screen keyboard sometimes malfunctions.
Or, how about taking the time to spell everything out correctly. I don't have horrible errors when I type on the thumb board like you.

traveller604
2008-03-05, 15:32
Or, how about taking the time to spell everything out correctly. I don't have horrible errors when I type on the thumb board like you.

Or, how about taking the time to not be a spelling nazi. I don't get horrible headaches when I read mistyped words like you.

b-man
2008-03-05, 19:02
People please!, let's just stop arguing! thare just spelling erors big woop! Whi get so upset over spelling erors? get over it!