PDA

View Full Version : Root problems

Clutch
2008-03-02, 21:58
I have read all the sites on becoming root on the N770 and I have followed all of the instructions on becoming root on my N770, the only problem so far is after I ssh in (or dbclient) and I get to where it asks for my password, I type in rootme and it just asks for the password again. Im assuming that this means that rootme is in fact not the password and am wondering if there is a way to find the pass, if there is another default root pass, etc. I would appreciate any help on this.

Bundyo
2008-03-02, 22:08
Use the sudo gainroot in a terminal, then change the pass.

Clutch
2008-03-03, 00:31
Use the sudo gainroot in a terminal, then change the pass.

When I sudo gainroot in a terminal I get the following:

cal_read_block (r&d_mode): size zero, block not found?
Enable RD mode if you want to break your device.

With Dropbear installed I followed the instructions of:

dbclient root@127.1

This gets me to the password prompt, but of course as I said, the default pass "rootme" doesnt seem to be working. Could there be some other problem? Perhaps a way to reset the root pass?

Clutch
2008-03-03, 04:09
Ok, well Ive solved my own problem here guys! (Well, not all on my own, there was the help of Google and a couple of sites). It seems you dont even need a pass to access root, all you need is a little 1k deb file from http://nitapps.com/ Once there just scroll down to easyroot, grab the file, install it, and POW! Insta-root. Works great for me anyway and saves a lot of time. A few other nice little apps there also. Anyway, hope this is helpful. :D

luis-garcia
2008-03-03, 08:10
u could install becomeroot also but if u solve the problem by your own it's great too :)

Clutch
2008-03-04, 04:16
u could install becomeroot also but if u solve the problem by your own it's great too :)

Well I actually found one site that recommended that as well, unfortunately I never could find a link that worked. I just stumbled upon the easyroot site and it works great. Either way, now users have two more choices. Thanks for the help guys :cool: