PDA

View Full Version : failed flash= vertical streaks

emmaus777
2008-03-20, 21:42
Ok, here's the story. I had my 770 set up to boot from the rs-mmc with os2007he, worked fine. I was installing FBreader, about half way through it shutdown. After that I tried to install and unistall FBreader and libzlibrary. Cound not do either. Because I use this mainly to read on. I was going to wipe the card clean and start over. While I was at it I thought I would update to the most recent hacker edition. I was re-flashing using OSX. The tablet shutdown before it completed, even though it ad a full charge. When it restarted the Nokia symbol seemed smeared vertically. Then the next sceen the hands were fine but the word nokia was blurred. Once started up the screen was totally unreadable(this was os2007he), just a big blur or smear.
I re-flashed numorus times with 3 different OS's as well as trying the original software. Nothing worked. I took a screen-shot, but the smears did not show. So I'm guessing it's hardware.
I'm I going to have to replace the screen? And why would a failed flash hurt the sreen itself?
Thanks,

Robb

racky
2008-03-22, 23:46
I think you have a WSOD.

emmaus777
2008-03-23, 10:39
That's what I was afraid of...
Thanks,

Fionn
2008-03-23, 14:37
That's what I was afraid of...
Thanks,

Actually it might be good news as according to this post (http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150427&postcount=18) Nokia are, in some cases, exchanging WSOD 770's with n800s.

Your milage may vary but it's worth checking out.

Quackles
2008-03-24, 22:53
Funnily enough, that's exactly how my wsod happened - booted up fine after setting it to boot from mmc, then went bye bye on first reboot after that. Hope you get your 800!