PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Mp3 naming

Fire Hazard
2008-03-20, 21:57
How exactly can I go about manually labeling my mp3 so that they show up under an artist instead of just showing up under All. And how do I get the album art to show up? Do I have to resort to downloading a program to have my mp3s tagged?

Thanks

handful
2008-03-21, 01:27
Well,

Fire you talked about documentation : but why didn't you take a look on the
"using canola" section on the website (I'm really interested to know, if people really just pass by and don't even realize that the website should have something?) - I'm trying to improve, making people see it -

So, go there to have some of the answers.
Anyways if you don't want :

1) canola is not a manager. So labeling (actually righting tags, should be done on your desktop, where your music is located, using any media player like windows media player, itunes or id3 tag editor applications. You can find a bunch of free applications just googleing "free id3 tag editor"

2) Cover arts has something like 3 or 4 threads already in the forum. It's very polite to search before posting, avoiding cluttering the forum.
BUT : album arts are property of record label, thus under copyright law thus we don;t have it inside canola to download. So you can use a third party application called : canola-tuning (just go where you installed canola and search for it )

It downloads from the internet, search for file in folders and also can generate the video thumbnails. Just install, go in the menu and run it.

Mp3 tagging is not the responsibility of the player, but the manager. We cannot do this automatically, there's no magic for that. If you mp3 collection is without any tags, you have only 2 options :

1) browse by folder
2) organize it, by tagging with the applications specified.

Marcelo