PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Canola doesn't show png thumbnails in image gallery

loki
2008-03-22, 12:27
Hey,

I've upgraded to canola beta7, and it seems that canola doesn't shows png image thumbnails. jpgs works fine. the problem was there before the update, but i decided to wait for the next release where i expected this would be fixed.

i also did a clean reinstall using canola-cleanup... but this did not help.

i searched the forum but it seems as if this bug isn't that popular...

rdcinhou
2008-03-22, 12:34
I mentioned this once before when I first tried Canola. The screen capture applet that I was using saved in .png (portable network graphic) format which I prefer since it preserves gamma factor.

Evidently this is low on their priority list.

I have to admit that since they first started Canola has turned into one IMPRESSIVE application!

loki
2008-03-22, 12:44
what i am wondering about is that this bug is so rare...
if it would be more frequently they would spend more time for fixing it...

could you fix it in any way?

handful
2008-03-23, 01:40
Hei, it's not a simple bug in epsilon (the thumbnailer) and everyone is doing so much stuff so it was left down in priority. Sorry for that.

It's frequent, we have pngs on our tablets and we see it everyday : / but it's just more than a simple patch : / it takes time.

loki
2008-03-23, 14:30
ok,
thats okay. i was just wondering that it looked like an own bug for my device. but now,i know that it is not and you guys are aware of it ... i can live with that :)

thanks & keep up the good work!