PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Canola 2.0 final release?

dg4892
2008-04-26, 16:26
Is there a predicted release date for the final version of Canola 2.0? Non-Beta

GeneralAntilles
2008-04-26, 16:28
Is there a predicted release date for the final version of Canola 2.0? Non-Beta

When it's ready.

El Amir
2008-04-26, 17:03
When it's ready.

Not very precise as an estimate date :D

GeneralAntilles
2008-04-26, 17:19
Not very precise as an estimate date :D

That's as accurate as it gets, though. ;)

El Amir
2008-04-26, 17:24
That's as accurate as it gets, though. ;)

Well they do say "Patience is a virtue" and that "the best things (in this case Canola) come to those who wait"...:p

handful
2008-04-27, 05:40
hi Dg : what do you consider a final version? :)
Is Gmail (as it is beta) worse in quality than hotmail or yahoo mail or other non-beta mail client?

How you define non-beta? :) just a nomenclature or a decision by the development team?

This is a funny issue.. in the beginning, we thought about "when all this set of features are ready, we are out of beta". But are we really out of beta? with new features coming up always... and they need to be tested?

What I can say is that each release we treat already as non-beta. it's incremental, it's improvements and I can guarantee you that we are already more solid than a lot of "non beta" softwares out there in the maemo community :)

So, being really honest, I don't see what a "final version" would have really different from beta8, when compared of what beta7 was to 6 and to 5. In the first 3 or 4 betas indeed we were running to get to the point where the first beta should be, but we are already quite stable :)

so, when it's the final version coming ? Maybe never. Maybe Canola 3 (is already on first stage of explorations from some key guys in the team) will be here first :)))

Marcelo