PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] YouTube Pluging sort by day/week/all-time?

plb
2008-04-27, 22:44
Maybe I'm just missing it but when I select Most Viewed for instance it brings up only Most Viewed of all time. Is there a way to sort it by today/week/all-time like the youtube and mobile youtube sites? Also will there be a way to comment on a video? I feel it sometimes necessary to express my opinion =)

eu.gizmo
2008-04-28, 09:50
you can also give mYTube a try: http://mytube.garage.maemo.org/

it's specially designed for youtube.

afaik a new version with some improvements will be here soon

plb
2008-04-28, 14:41
Yep I'm using mytube right now for youtube playing since the canola plugin doesn't seem to provide this as of yet. Hopefully it will be in place soon.

handful
2008-04-28, 21:38
Hi Plb :

The plugin indeed plays, why aren't you able to play?
(the known issue) is : mplayer in it's embedded mode has slower playback than it's regular mplayer on it's own. But what happened last week :

Youtube changed it's API, so we needed to update the code to support it's new formats.

About the new features, we are a little slower this time, but things like sorting, and comments will be available once we are able to make the full "log in and log out" to your account. (reading only it's faster)

So apart from sorting, most of things should work nicely on beta8 already.

Br

Marcelo

plb
2008-04-30, 14:54
yep video playback works nicely and everything. I was really just referring to the sort by day/week/month/all-time as I like to check most viewed videos of the day.

handful
2008-05-03, 21:35
Yes, this is coming in next release if everything goes right :)

Marcelo

Wiley_Coyote
2008-06-16, 23:39
Yeah, this was bothering me too. I know mYTube has added this feature, but mYTube has other faults (am I the only one who has to constantly go back and delete old cached videos, because mYTube doesn't delete them--even if you DIDN'T use the Download feature?).

Plus, the Canola Bookmark feature for YouTube videos is great. Put together with a playlist feature eventually (it should be possible using some of the same code as for the Bookmarks, right?), this will really kick @ss.

handful
2008-06-17, 20:20
Guys : youtube plugin is almost ready on new version with "my account" so you can browse your subscriptions, see videos comments, and more like sorting etc. I think the sort the "most viewed" is not there, but this is a nice thing to be there, and it's just to see the yuoutube way and add it.

:)

Wiley_Coyote
2008-07-13, 11:22
Any recent progress on this?

handful
2008-07-21, 22:07
Hi guys, sorry for the delay on this but all of our efforts were in making canola working on diablo :/ as this is almost done the work is back on track... we are preparing all the updates for august. If you tube is working first we will deploy it sooner.

marcelo