PDA

View Full Version : [KDE] How to make the best use of KDE?

Jiggie
2008-05-17, 01:46
I am a newbie for KDE..
So what is the best way to use KDE?
I find the KDE menu very small to click with the stylus. Anyway I can change it?
Also the Keyboard does not have numbers and special characters. So how should I configure Kmail without @?
Doesnt seems that KDE is yet ready for N800..:(
I didnt find much information for KDE here.. can experienced people help ??
Thanks
Jiggie

PinCushionQueen
2008-05-17, 13:32
I am a newbie for KDE..
So what is the best way to use KDE?
I find the KDE menu very small to click with the stylus. Anyway I can change it?
Also the Keyboard does not have numbers and special characters. So how should I configure Kmail without @?
Doesnt seems that KDE is yet ready for N800..:(
I didnt find much information for KDE here.. can experienced people help ??
Thanks
Jiggie

You can enlarge the font for the menu (Control Panel->Appearance->Fonts) and/or you can use a mouse pointer (CP->Peripherals->Mouse) and/or you can navigate using the D-pad. I personally use all 3. It might just be my imagination but I feel that using the mouse pointer helps.

Sorry can't help with your second question - I use a N810. And IMHO the KDE experience is superior on the N810 due to the hardware keyboard. I hope that some N800/KDE user will be able to help you.:D

josiahg777
2008-05-17, 15:09
There is a thread around here about how to fix the KDE on-screen keyboard when the numbers don't show up. Also, I normally use the D-pad to navigate the menu, it's much faster and easier that way :)

again, I also own and N810, so I'm sorry I can't help you more with the keyboard issue :/

Jiggie
2008-05-17, 16:15
Thanks Queen, the Fonts helped a bit..