PDA

View Full Version : [KDE] cant install packages

paramedic.zimmerman
2008-05-26, 21:20
everytime i go to package manager and try to install a file i get an error telling my kdc-mmc1 needs to be installed and it can't locate it. need some help

penguinbait
2008-05-26, 23:20
everytime i go to package manager and try to install a file i get an error telling my kdc-mmc1 needs to be installed and it can't locate it. need some help

Can you provide more information?

Do you have KDE installed? Or you had it installed and you removed it?

Can you please post what error is showing in application manager?

Open menu > Tools > Log

Can you paste it out here so we can see?

paramedic.zimmerman
2008-05-27, 11:31
I have the most recent penguinbait build installed. I originally tried to install the version you had to download 3 different files and the downloads never worked right cause the file sizes were wrong. I am getting a kde-mmc1 in my application manager that will not uninstall. My new install of linux is having an issue with this left over from the first install. I know, I should have flashed and started fresh, but I am working offshore and didn't have a way to flash it here. Is there a way to remove the kde-mmc1 reference in application manger so I can do updates on the new linux install? I have tried a force removal using dpkg -r --force-remove-resintreq kde-mmc1 but it will not do it. Not real experienced with Linux so be basic with help if you can. When i try and uninstall kde-mmc1 I get the following
package manager says: the package kde-mmc1 needs to reinstalled, but i can't find an achrive for it.

penguinbait
2008-05-27, 14:38
I have the most recent penguinbait build installed. I originally tried to install the version you had to download 3 different files and the downloads never worked right cause the file sizes were wrong. I am getting a kde-mmc1 in my application manager that will not uninstall. My new install of linux is having an issue with this left over from the first install. I know, I should have flashed and started fresh, but I am working offshore and didn't have a way to flash it here. Is there a way to remove the kde-mmc1 reference in application manger so I can do updates on the new linux install? I have tried a force removal using dpkg -r --force-remove-resintreq kde-mmc1 but it will not do it. Not real experienced with Linux so be basic with help if you can. When i try and uninstall kde-mmc1 I get the following
package manager says: the package kde-mmc1 needs to reinstalled, but i can't find an achrive for it.

Do this

rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/kde-mmc1*

now open application manager and remove the package

paramedic.zimmerman
2008-05-27, 14:49
Still get same message about needing to reinstall and can't find archive

paramedic.zimmerman
2008-05-27, 16:16
rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/kde-mmc1.*
dpkg -r --force-remove-reinstreq kde-mmc1

This worked but crashed my linux install, so had to reinstall SD, remove it here and now I am loading linux again now.
Thanks for help