PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Podcasts stopped downloading after B9

Alphaman
2008-05-29, 19:22
Hi,

Just installed Beta9, and while most went smoothly, I found that I was having problems with podcasts.

It started when I went to clean up some old ones so I could download new ones. While Canola did delete the file from the podcast list, it also popped up an error message saying that it couldn't delete them because of a read-only file system error. So, while it appeared that the files were deleted (at least within Canola), the files were still in the Podcast dir on my removable card. They were not read-only, either.

When I tried to download a new podcast, I got a "[Errorno 30] Read-only file system" error.

The card, a 2GB, is not set to read-only, and I've got 1.35GB free space on it. The podcast dir is not set to read-only. I've also successfully downloaded and saved YouTube videos to the same card.

Finally, I rebooted the device, and lo-and-behold, podcasts download!

Just thought I'd share my travails, in case someone else runs into the same problem.

handful
2008-05-30, 03:15
Hi,

Alpha: do you have a n810? and the 2gb is the internal drive? You may be facing that famous bug of the factory thing of the disk, that generate this bugs. You need to format it. So can you please try : backing up, formating, put everything back and test? you should not face this read-only error again, if you do please let us know!

BR

MArcelo

Alphaman
2008-05-30, 20:16
Hi Marcelo,

No, it's an N800, and I store my media files on my removable 2 gig card (the internal 2 gig card is full of maps and other stuff).

Like I said, after a reboot, it started working again, and has not yet failed (~24 hours & at least half a dozen podcasts later).

Regards,
Aaron

handful
2008-05-30, 21:01
Unmm

Thanks for the clarification Aaron, then it's really not the bug I mentioned. Wrong guess. Well, talking to the guys here, it seems that this happens when the filesystem has some small problems, as the " access " methods from us doesn't change. Anyways we will double our attention in the test of podcast downloads, and if we managed to reproduce it consistently we will for sure debug and fix it.

Thanks for the info, hope you not fall into this bug again :)))

Marcelo

Alphaman
2008-06-02, 14:53
Thanks -- and so far, so good, it's not struck again. Hopefully this is an infrequent condition!