PDA

View Full Version : [Palm OS] Hotsync stopped working

borghal
2008-06-01, 22:05
Hi,

I installed The new GVM and it worked like a charm, hotsync with my ubuntu machine, all great! Then suddenly the hotsync stopped working, I'm not sure what I did (trying to install too many files at once?) but now it just says "hotsync not started". I have not changed any hotsync settings. :confused:

When I try to connect nothing happens (the desktop doesn't react) and all I can do is push the "cancel" button, but that doesn't change a thing, it even doesn't close the hotsync window, I have to manually close it and that's it. I rebooted both machines (n800, desktop), to no avail. The problem seems to be on the n800 side because I can still sync my palm via USB with my desktop.

Has anyone experienced this?

jaslar
2008-06-02, 02:09
I assume you're trying to sync to Evolution, and that you have the pilot-applet on your panel. I've had hit-or-miss luck with that, and sometimes have to do the following: first, right click on the applet, then restart it. If that doesn't work, go into System Monitor and kill the gpilotd process, then restart it from the applet.

borghal
2008-06-02, 10:22
jaslar,

thanks for your reply. You are right, I'm using Evolution and the gpilotd-applet. Unfortunatedly I had already done all the steps you describe. I found gpilotd sometimes unreliable with my T5 in the past, so I used tricks like yours, too. This time it won't do, I'm certain the daemon is running and it connects to my T5 alright.

Cheers!

YoDude
2008-06-02, 20:32
Could it be tat the beta ran out? As I recall the beta said it would expire on 05/31. My GVM is working just dandy as of 06/02 but I don't HotSync.
Are others having problems syncing?