PDA

View Full Version : [Palm OS] Docs to Go question

Nitesky
2008-06-03, 18:01
I have installed docs to go onto my N800 just fine, and I even hotsynced:). But... my hotsyncing doesn't really do anything...nothing gets transferred to my documents. I set the hotsync to transfer from my desktop to handheld, but that just gets ignored! So is there anyway that I can get my docs from my computer to my n800? Or is docs to go worthless to me?

minhzc
2008-06-03, 18:26
Hey friend, how did you install Docs To Go on your N800?
I have just purchased it and got a exe file.
But I don't know hv I better do after setup it on my computer...
Please help me.
Thanks.

Nitesky
2008-06-03, 20:07
Sorry, but I don't think I know the answer to that one. I think you have to hotsync docs to go with a palm desktop first....but I COULD be wrong. I am not tech savy...barely get along with my "toys". I hope somebody here can answer that for you.
And I hope somebody can answer my question about docs to go(see above) because its not any good to me if I can't load any docuements.

combatdoc
2008-06-03, 22:44
Hey friend, how did you install Docs To Go on your N800?
I have just purchased it and got a exe file.
But I don't know hv I better do after setup it on my computer...
Please help me.
Thanks.

You have to purchase the PalmOS version and install it under GarnetVM (http://www.access-company.com/products/platforms/garnet/index.html). At least that the best solution I have since there doesn't seem to be a maemo version on the website and there is no WindowsMobile,Blackberry,or Symbian emulators for Maemo either.

sparkling
2008-06-04, 12:06
The .exe is a Windows program. When you run it it will create the Palm OS application files which will, in turn, be installed on the GVM during the next hotsynch process. It will also install a Windows program to manage the Word, Excel, or Powerpoint documents which you want to use on the GVM.

manni
2008-06-05, 18:01
Hi there,

I've got Documents to Go running fine, I have version 10 which supports native MS Office documents format. If I receive an Excel spreadsheet as an email attachment is it possible to copy it into the Garnet file system so that I am able to open it using Documents to Go in Garnet. I'm not able to "see" the file system.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

minhzc
2008-06-05, 18:07
Ok, I understood. thanks.
All I have to do now is trying to make a hot-sync...

Nitesky
2008-06-05, 20:31
Hi there,

I've got Documents to Go running fine, I have version 10 which supports native MS Office documents format. If I receive an Excel spreadsheet as an email attachment is it possible to copy it into the Garnet file system so that I am able to open it using Documents to Go in Garnet.

How do you copy the email attachment into the Garnet file system? :confused:

sparkling
2008-06-06, 12:45
The GVM cannot (yet) access the Internet Tablet's file system, nor will the GVM launcher import documents or other data files, it's designed only to install applications. The standard way to import documents or data files into any Palm OS device is to Hotsynch with a PC. Alternately, you could install a Palm OS email or web browser application.

Nitesky
2008-06-06, 13:35
The only way that I can get documents into docs to go is to send myself the doc as an email, copy it, and paste it into docs to go :rolleyes:. Pretty much a round the block method, but it does work. Same with my memos. I just cut and pasted the ones that I still use into my vm Memo app.

manni
2008-06-06, 22:34
Hi there,

What I meant was is the Garnet file system locked out or can I manually copy a file into it using filemanager or maybe even the command line?

Thanks

sjgadsby
2008-06-07, 00:06
What I meant was is the Garnet file system locked out or can I manually copy a file into it using filemanager or maybe even the command line?

Garnet VM stores everything--all the Palm programs, databases, files, etc.--inside one big, cryptic, fragile file. There's no copying anything into it except through the VM.

manni
2008-06-07, 00:14
Thanks for the information....will have to think up some other ideas

gentux
2008-06-08, 20:20
what happens if you set up a share in the tablet and access it via loopback in GVM? Just a thought. I hope the next version includes support to access a SD-Card the same way the real palm does.

dcy
2008-06-09, 10:04
What about porting pilot-utils and sync the file from the tablet?

cheve
2008-06-12, 00:42
one may also try to setup a ftp server on the tablet and than run a ftp client app in the GVM to move files back and forth:-)

I was able to transfer file running proftpd(at tablet) and resco explorer(at the GVM).

my $0.02