PDA

View Full Version : [Palm OS] Garnet VM doesn't hotsync (addrs, etc) old and new versions

tobyr21
2008-06-04, 18:14
Reading the Internet, it appears that for some people, the Garnet VM hotsyncs okay. Neither the old or new version does it for me. I never see my memos, addrs book or calendar on my n800.

I did a tcp hotsync to my pc with the new garnet today. The PC saw me, I selected my profile. I watched both the PC and the n800 confirm all the stuff it was synching. I set the hotsync customize to desktop overwrites handheld for addresses.

When the PC was done, Garnet on the N800 said it was "cleaning up" or something like that. 15 minutes later I closed the hotsync on th en800 and saw none of the data I had synched.

How do I do better? I'm using OS2008 on my n800.

I'd love some advice about this!
- tobyr21

Jordi65
2008-06-04, 20:00
I had the same problem with hotsync with version 1.0.1.
I tried a few things, the following settings now work for me:
Storage heap selected size 16 MBytes (and reformated storage)
Start mode: Portrait fullscreen
For each application:
Dynamic heap size: 2 MBytes
Device model: Default

After a few tries it worked fine, now hotsyncs without issues.

JDS

wsiebert
2008-06-04, 20:36
Actually, you should set the storage heap to 64 Mbytes if you are going to be working away from a WiFi hotspot, such as when you are using Audible Player.

zonki
2008-06-04, 20:47
I've also problems with syncing:
n810 <-> WindowsVista with Palm Desktop from Access V.6.2.2

Network Hotsyncs runs well, but after that nothing was synchronized.
I had initialized VM and added only 2 addresses wich won't be synced.

Regards Klaus

angelb
2008-06-04, 23:23
Same problem. In the previous version I managed to sync my contacts and memos. Calendar absolutely refused to sync. Now I can run my apps without a problem but can't sync any of my data. Very frustrating as now most of what didn't work now is running and viceversa.

Is there a way to transfer the .pdb files of Contacts/memos/to dos/calendar directly to avoid having to hotsync? Has anyone tried this.

I'm about to give it another try right now.

zonki
2008-06-05, 19:19
Hello angelb,
I'm using all my pdb/prc files without hotsync this way:
I've a Palm TX with Bluetooth, but both the Bluetooth from n810 and the TX can't connect to each other.
So I beam my perhaps AddressDB.pdb via BT from TX to a Nokia mobile (6120c), and then from there via BT to the n810. Then I start Garnet VM, click Install and choose the beamed file.
This works quite well, but is a little bit annoying.

On n810 from time to time I backup the palmfile "~/.gvm/gvm.store".
So I currently live without a hotsync :-(( Perhaps the next beta would be better.

The hotsync isn't neccessary for me. I would prefer this:
1. using card support (like formerly on the emulator with hostfs.prc)
2. well functioning alarms, with realy palm sound

Regards Klaus