PDA

View Full Version : [Palm OS] Freeware Utility to Capitalize Characters on Dividing Line Ala Graffiti 2

GreySim
2008-06-10, 07:38
Warning: Shortly after installing this, HotSync stopped recognizing the user on the device, and kept giving errors about Graffiti_ShortCuts.prc. I ended up creating a new profile and syncing seems to work fine again, but you should be cautious with your data before installing this. I've had no further problems since creating a new profile though, and lost no data in the end. The issue seems to pop up if the storage file on the tablet is deleted, then a sync is done to restore the data. The initial restore will work, but subsequent syncs will not.

This is mostly of interest for anyone who has owned a Palm OS device using Graffiti 2, but is also a good app for anyone in general. Characters drawn across the divider between letters and numbers will be capitalized, without having to use the upwards capitalizing stroke. This is one of the biggest benefits of Graffiti 2 over Graffiti 1, IMO, and I didn't even realize that Graffiti 1 didn't work that way until I found this app. (I thought the VM was just being finicky or was having some issues related to the scaling or something.)

http://www.1src.com/freeware/fileinfo.php?id=339

Note: When I first tried to install this app (via Quick Install with Palm Desktop) GVM wiped the storage on the tablet, but a second Hotsync restored all the data, including Capitalizer, and the app seems to work just fine. I only have used this one feature though, and have not played with any of the other features of the program. GVM seems to be wiping the storage file a LOT for me after installing programs, but since I haven't seen any other reports of it I'm thinking it may have something to do with using a 770 with OS2008HE.

Pushwall
2008-06-10, 11:24
GVM seems to be wiping the storage file a LOT for me after installing programs, but since I haven't seen any other reports of it I'm thinking it may have something to do with using a 770 with OS2008HE.
You're not the only one. The storage area in GVM does seem a bit fragile.