PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Canola, Mplayer and A2DP

nilchak
2008-06-13, 03:00
Following the A2DP thread , I installed A2DP deb file and also installed mplayer.

When playing thru mplayer with a2DB hanck enabled, I get stero music output thru my Bluetooth headphones.

So I uninstalled Canola totally (thy Canola cleanup, rebooted and reinstalled Canola, thinking now Canola will use mplayer as the player, and hence I should get stereo sound from Canola using mplayer.

But that is not happening.
How do I set Canola to use mplayer as the outputting player ? Are there any config files where we can change setting to enable maplyer to be used by Canola ?

Is this method going to help in enabling A2DB thru Canola ?

Any help, any pointers ... ?

handful
2008-06-13, 09:22
nil : yes! do a search for atabake , atabake conf this is the file, then change the audio from OMS to Mplayer :)

Marcelo

Bill Malo
2008-06-13, 15:14
I am new to this but would like to know more. Where is the atabake file located? On the Nokia N800?
I am trying to tell Canola2 to use my Linn DS as the renderer but have not been able to do so yet. What am I missing?
Thanks.

handful
2008-06-15, 03:55
Bill: unfortunately the upnp support is quite new, so we don't have controller (send to another renderer) support... for now you need to use mediastremer if you want that on the maemo platform.

For the atabake : yes. you need to
Go to home/user/.atabake, edit config and change from oms to mplayer

We did a lot of improvements on a2dp on the bluetooth stack it will probably be on the next firmware :)))) it will REALLY improve the cpu usage when using a2dp!

Marcelo

nilchak
2008-06-15, 18:05
We did a lot of improvements on a2dp on the bluetooth stack it will probably be on the next firmware :)))) it will REALLY improve the cpu usage when using a2dp!
Marcelo

Wow ! A Handful of good news ! :D

The Canola team is indeed wonderful - this one team keeps giving all the good news on the IT front ...

This is something I bet the whole community is looking forward to..
and maybe as good a news as Canola itself was ...

Kudos to all of you, Handful !

handful
2008-06-16, 10:55
Nil :

Yes, indeed :) Canola is the "face" of our work, but I can assure you it goes way beyond canola. So instead of trying to do " Canola a2dp" we went to the bluetooth stack and tried to give our best. The Bluetooth fore linux maintainer (Marcel) has said that the work is really great, and the cpu usage reduction in the maemo hardware was more then 30% less cpu with this new patch :)

Now I wish we find some free spot of time to help mplayer the same way! so it's embedded mode could get better and better, and all mplayer enabled applications would benefit from it!

:)

nilchak
2008-06-17, 17:21
For the atabake : yes. you need to
Go to home/user/.atabake, edit config and change from oms to mplayer

Marcelo

Made the change in the config file and now Canola playes stereo music beautifully over BT.
While this may sound strange (I don't know the technicalities), but I see much lesser music interrutions while playing thru Canola using mplayer continously rather than thru mplayer directly.

Of course outside of music playing, if I press the home button or any such thing, those functions do not respond at all, but Canola buttons (forward/back buttons keep working fine without any stuttering in music play.

While on mplayer directly if I even so much as tap on screen while music is playing, it will stutter a bit and pressing any other button or menu will absolutely worsen the music playback.

Just a feedback.

jld
2008-09-15, 15:08
Hi!I can not install the canola 2 in my nokia 770 its looking for another program LIBBREADLINE 4.3.1 and LIBBREADLINE 4.3-10 where can I get this?.Please help!

handful
2008-09-18, 08:51
JLd : what version of nokia 770 software are you using?
We do not support it officially anymore, but we got it working on HE2008

Br

Marcelo

markku
2008-10-11, 16:51
How about that a2dp support for N810? Is it coming officially for Diablo or do we have to wait for Fremantle? Or is it Canola2 that brings that feature? I'm totally lost about this.

handful
2008-10-12, 10:37
Markku : We worked on A2DP on really low level (straight on Bluez Stack) so the last optmized version done is by us at Openbossa. But it doesn't depend on us to this be integrated on Diablo etc. I don't know if Nokia integrated, but after we solved the problem of beta10 I will investigate this and see how's the progress of this.

Cheers!

Marcelo

markku
2008-10-12, 13:31
Thanks for answering, we'll have to wait and see. Would you be so kind to inform us if there is some progress about a2dp.

Markku

sirflyalot
2009-02-13, 04:03
Nilchak, which A2DP thread are you talking about? I found the a2dp-support_0.9_all.deb, and have a2dp working with Kagu and Mediabox. I have canola installed, but don't have a /home/user/.atabake directory in order to change to mplayer. Would someone please provide me with slightly more detailed instructions? I have an N800 with the latest image and all updates. My stereo bluetooth headphones are Insignia. Thanks!

lardman
2009-02-13, 13:15
We worked on A2DP on really low level (straight on Bluez Stack) so the last optmized version done is by us at Openbossa

Were these patches submitted upstream? If not, do you have a url?

sirflyalot
2009-02-13, 16:10
It was in this thread that I found the a2dp-support_0.9_all.deb file. These instructions work great, and it is quite easy.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=111634

Odd thing about Canola. I uninstalled it with the Canola cleanup script, and then reinstalled it all from scratch. This time I got the /home/user/.atabake directory with the config file. I guess that I didn't hold my tongue just right in the first install. I changed the line in /home/user/.atabake/config:
audio = oms
to
audio = mplayer
It works! In the a2dp thread, it also talks about a package osso-statusbar-cpu, which allows you to easily toggle the a2dp on and off. Convenient! Thanks guys!