PDA

View Full Version : The Nokia E61

Reggie
2006-06-06, 17:02
I just got my Nokia E61 yesterday.

I'm using the free bundled Mail for Exchange -- this is the best MS exchange syncing app I've seen which is quite at par with the BackBerry.

It's also a welcome surprise that it uses the same battery that the 770 uses. Battery life is great. The built in WiFi is quite a bonus.

RogerS
2006-06-06, 23:03
What service, Reggie?

Coolty
2006-06-07, 00:27
and i've never heard of a "backberry" :P

Reggie
2006-06-07, 03:58
Roger,

Cingular, although I heard it works great with T-mobile too. If you have a data plan, active sync works great. I'm using 4smartphone.net for my exchange email service.

coolty, it's BlackBerry, sorry. lol

wiredless
2006-06-15, 14:08
Awesome Reggie,

I was so hot for that phone, but desided against it being that it lacked a camera and vibrate features. I wound up getting a Sony Ericsson W600i for everyday use (because its small and pocketable) and the 770 when i wanted to hop online. I realy would like to know your impressions on the webcore web browser. Sure would like to see that ported to maemo. Just a note on Cingular internet from the 770 try adding wireless.cingular.com as the proxy using port 80 to the CINGULAR INTERNET profile. Huge speed increase.

jayholler
2006-06-15, 16:41
Awesome Reggie,

I was so hot for that phone, but desided against it being that it lacked a camera and vibrate features. I wound up getting a Sony Ericsson W600i for everyday use (because its small and pocketable) and the 770 when i wanted to hop online. I realy would like to know your impressions on the webcore web browser. Sure would like to see that ported to maemo. Just a note on Cingular internet from the 770 try adding wireless.cingular.com as the proxy using port 80 to the CINGULAR INTERNET profile. Huge speed increase.

I am using Cingular Internet, I have the $39.99 Data connect plan. I couldn't get your suggestion to work. Am I missing something in the setup? I used the default CINGULAR INTERNET setup, and just added wireless.cingular.com and port 80 under the proxy settings. No luck with or without http:// in front of wireless.cingular.com. I got the following error message on the device:

Could not connect to proxy server. Access denied.

wiredless
2006-06-15, 17:42
I use.
Cingulars wireless USA Edge data phone plan. Not intended for laptop or pda connections.
APN: WAP.CINGULAR
NUMBER: *99***1#
ACCOUNT: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
PASSWORD: CINGULAR1
PROXY SETTING: wireless.cingular.com port 80

By default nokia 770's setup wizard for US cingular uses
APN: ISP.CINGULAR
NUMBER: *99***1#
ACCOUNT: ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
PASSWORD: CINGULAR1
NO PROXY SET

After changing settings on either device its allways good to restart it. Also look through the internet settings on your phone and see if it uses WAP or ISP.

Kesey
2006-07-23, 04:10
The e61 doesn't vibrate?

atmasphere
2006-10-11, 14:29
I've tried the automatic and manual settings (with and without Proxy) listed ... I can't get this to work!

WiFi works without issue as one might expect, but I can't get the 770 to connect through my E61.