PDA

View Full Version : Recompiling OpenSSH for 2006 OS?

ripnetuk
2006-06-15, 10:07
Hi,
Im running the 2006 beta - its looking really good (and im sure Opera is a lot faster).

My 2 essential apps are working as well on 2006 as they did on 2005 (opera and rdesktop).

I am using dropbear ssh, which I hate (ie, I dont know how to use it). I usually use openssh, which I get on with.

I have the dev environment set up for 2006 (i can compile MaemoPad and rdesktop OK)...

My question is: can I just grab the source from the 2005 OpenSSH and re-build it in scratchbox? have things like where its installed changed on 2006, and do I need to worry about that or will scratchbox take care of it for me?

Has anyone done this? a .deb would be cool :)

thanks

George

ripnetuk
2006-06-15, 13:45
TO reply to my own question - openssh IS ported, and in the repository, but it doesnt show up in application manager for some reason.

A manual install (apt-get install ssh) seems to work however :)

Any idea why it doesnt appear in the app list? is it because its a console / background app?

g

aflegg
2006-06-15, 14:00
The 2006 OS Application Manager only displays packages which are in the "User" section:

http://maemo.org/platform/docs/howtos/howto_making_an_application_package.html#sections

HTH,

Andrew

ripnetuk
2006-06-15, 14:29
That does indeed help...
thanks

g