PDA

View Full Version : theme maker... confused

iceman600
2008-07-30, 09:20
i downloaded the theme creator but im a little bit confused on editing the theme... the psd doc there have many layers but the images is this one big thing. its like all is in there. how can i edit that? its confusing... i know how to use photoshop btw.

is there a nice tut there on how to edit that psd file? the only tut i see is on youtube and its just how to make the deb file and to repack it.

i used to make theme on the iphone and thats is so easy but making a theme for a NIT is so confusing.

Khertan
2008-07-30, 11:50
Oh you can changer more things than the background on an iPhone ?

you just need to edit the big file which contain all the theme image, and you can do this with gimp (photoshop should work too)

iceman600
2008-07-31, 17:44
yes... i do iphone themes... from the bocground to the icons... system images... totally customized. but on the tablet im a little bit confused on the theme maker and to edit the image....

its just a one image and all is in there...

josiahg777
2008-07-31, 21:28
Yeah, so just open the .psd in photoshop or gimp and edit the sections of the image, replacing stuff and once you've replaced every piece, open theme maker and use it to open the .psd.

Theme maker will cut the .psd into the appropriate small icons and bundle them up in a .deb

iceman600
2008-08-03, 08:30
OK i did edit the psd file and build the theme but the one i edited doesnt show up on the deb created.... so frustrating!

any theme builder out there want to do a tutorial bout this?