PDA

View Full Version : Aircrack-Ng... garh..

GlacialPhoenix
2006-06-27, 01:09
I recently installed Aircrack-Ng after getting the osso-xterm functional. Has anybody been successsful at getting this to work? On their website it says that you have to run airodump-ng and retrieve packets, but when I try to run it, it comes up with: "airodump-ng: not found"

Has anbody been able to get Aircrack to run?

troubleshootr
2006-06-27, 01:46
I recently installed Aircrack-Ng after getting the osso-xterm functional. Has anybody been successsful at getting this to work? On their website it says that you have to run airodump-ng and retrieve packets, but when I try to run it, it comes up with: "airodump-ng: not found"

Has anbody been able to get Aircrack to run?

It runs fine for me. I use it for a Kismet type scanner. The command I use is:

/usr/sbin/airodump-ng -w /dev/null wlan0

I need to be root in order for airodump to work.

GlacialPhoenix
2006-06-27, 02:29
How do I obtain root on this?

troubleshootr
2006-06-27, 02:39
There are many ways to become root.

See here:

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowDoiBecomeRoot

GlacialPhoenix
2006-06-27, 03:11
Hm. And how risky exactly is it to use that? It seems dangerous...

kimmoj
2006-06-27, 06:58
Not very, in my opinion, but people have developed problems with their 770s when doing it. Personally I feel it is not so much that they have been flashing their device but that it was prone to breaking anyway and the repeated reboots forced the issue.

I have so far flashed the 2006 OS onto mine, then gone back to the 2005 OS because I needed these third-party ARM packages to be happy with the 770. After that, I've also flashed the device into R&D mode and then (after altering the gainroot script to ignore whether or not the device is in R&D mode) flashed it back out of R&D mode and have had no problems.

You have no choice if you want these things to work, though. You have to become root and install the package(s) with "dpkg -X packagename.deb /" if you want them to work right off the command line, and you have to be root to run them if they need full access to the 770.

Easiest way to do this is to download a Linux Live CD that you can boot and run Linux from without tampering with your hard drive, and then run the flasher-command from the command line there. If the Live CD is very current (kernel 2.6.something or higher), you'll also have to run a perl "fix" to make the USB connection work right.

GlacialPhoenix
2006-06-28, 01:31
any thoughts on a good live cd?

fpp
2006-06-28, 05:52
Knoppix works just fine.

Diet
2006-07-03, 07:47
Hi!
There are many ways to become root.
See here:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowDoiBecomeRoot
better try this: http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowDoiBecomeRoot2
It works fine with PuTTY and WinXP! :)

Regards, Diet

Spankdidly
2006-07-11, 23:24
Did anybody get this to work? I installed it through the application manager, when I open xterm and "ls" through the directories, I don't find aircrack at all. Something I am doing wrong?

troubleshootr
2006-07-12, 00:09
Yes, it works.
It installs in /usr/sbin/ look in there
You need to be root to run.