PDA

View Full Version : Shared Folders Problem

munky261
2008-11-07, 04:52
Heres my problem: I just yesterday had to reformat my vista laptop...got everything reinstalled and all updates and the service pack installed...now my N810 isnt seeing any folders shared under this pc. though it had no trouble before seeing them withh all updates and etc. installed. not sure what to do , i searched and couldnt find an answer that helped. any ideas?

skatebiker
2008-11-07, 08:38
Probably a Windows problem. Normally Vista turns directory sharing off.
Turn it on by Start->Network->Network and Sharing center-> see the different options.

munky261
2008-11-07, 22:37
i checked and everything is turned on that should be.

tso
2008-11-08, 01:46
guest account on and allowed to read the folders? also, smb/cifs is not the fastest of systems for refreshing info...

LordFu
2008-11-08, 17:05
I use Wizard Mounter to mount my samba shares. They don't show up on their own, for whatever reason.

munky261
2008-11-08, 21:56
i think i solved it...i messed around with windows firewall, which wasnt even on and never is...turned it back on then adjusted a setting in network and sharing center that was greyed out because it said i have to adjust this setting with windows firewall then turned it back off and everythings fine

fattomm
2008-11-08, 23:13
guest account on and allowed to read the folders? also, smb/cifs is not the fastest of systems for refreshing info...

Why is it that we can't even get a modicum of authentication, when on virtually any other system I've used, it's possible to do? The libsmbclient and browser integration works in konquerer -- but not the file browser or microb?

The libsmbclient configuration files seem broken (and aren't probably even the right approach anyway). Even Microsoft has gotten smart enough to disable guest access by default.

Enabling guest is ill-advised, and courting disaster for the owner.

iamthewalrus
2008-11-09, 08:53
Vote on the bug (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2905) . This bug has been open since feb 7 '08 :(