PDA

View Full Version : N800 not booting from MMC

WorkingOnWise
2009-01-18, 07:00
Ok, frusteration level here is pretty high. I install the LCARS theme, complete, from the app manager, and after i rebooted, my n800 no longer boots to the mmc. Instead, it would show the pretty Federation logo and the progrss bar, flash the D pad led 5 times for 2 seconds per on time, then reboot. Yipppppeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I boot to flash, and use penguin baits console tools to remove the complete lcars theme from the mmc.
I reboot, and select the mmc to boot from. I get a white screen saying "booting from mmc2....", then flash the D pad led 5 times for 2 seconds per on time, then reboot. SO I know console tools did SOMETHING.

My only known solution is reclone, but I have 200 contacts neatly organized and detailed in GPE contacts on that mmc that I can no longer boot from, and a nicely organized bookmark list in the browser..

So, how can I access the ext3 partition on my sd card from the flash based diablo, 43-7, so I can recover those contacts and the bookmark file, then reflash?

Or is there a realiable way to get myself out of this mess without reflashing.
Also, the system was cloned with pbeasy from penguin baits console tools.

A few limitations I have are -
No linux computer except my N800
No sd card reader on my Windows XP laptop that can read my 8GB SDHC card.
I am good with computers but am by no means competent at the cli in Linux, so if I am spoon fed the cli parts, it's really helpful.
Heeeeeelp!

Thanks
Keith