PDA

View Full Version : Looking for code cal-tool

Luna
2006-08-08, 21:06
Is the cal-tool source out or as a last resort, flasher? I cannot seem to locate it.

fanoush
2006-08-26, 09:40
No. Both are closed source and maybe they even have a good reason for that. I guess they may use same technology in their phones and don't want you to mess with that. But this is just a guess.

Why do you want cal-tool source?

Luna
2006-08-28, 02:11
No. Both are closed source and maybe they even have a good reason for that. I guess they may use same technology in their phones and don't want you to mess with that. But this is just a guess.

Why do you want cal-tool source?

Hoping to figure out a flag to enable/force vbus since caltool is looking at the same flags we set with flasher.

Currently usb watches vbus but being otg, there has to be a way. With the prospect of all that real otg offers, i seriously doubt the hardware is crippled.

fanoush
2006-08-28, 06:24
cal-tool as well as flasher simply change some config flags in config partition (/dev/mtd1, see /proc/mtd). They don't mess with usb or other hardware at all. I doubt there is some hidden confguration parameter for the thing you want. Other code reads those parameters and configures the hardware. usb-host mode flag is read and hw is configured directly in /mt/initfs/linuxrc boot script.

as for the otg, I'm not sure what features you want (usb mode _can_ be switched on the fly), but the hardware really is 'crippled' in the sense that there is no source of 5V which is needed for host mode.

Luna
2006-08-28, 10:59
as for the otg, I'm not sure what features you want (usb mode _can_ be switched on the fly), but the hardware really is 'crippled' in the sense that there is no source of 5V which is needed for host mode.

How has the 'crippled' hardware theory been verified? Since the vbus state is constantly monitored(tahvo/vbus) then we know that the line is wired to the TI. The OMAP is OTG compliant, so it sounds reasonable that we just have a partially implemented host in the tahvo driver(src seems AWOL too) or it requires the cable select option for host determination. The 5v injector we use could be just fooling the HNP. Just hopes...:D

add:
More explanation, since 2 host can be connected an powerconservation is a prime concern, 5v alway on the vbus is not a good thing. I hope the 770 is just taking a conservative role

fanoush
2006-08-28, 13:37
As for OMAP 1710 in N770 and full OTG mode, read this
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/developers/824#824

Luna
2006-08-28, 15:30
As for OMAP 1710 in N770 and full OTG mode, read this
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/developers/824#824

Appears to be a great link. I'll study it.