PDA

View Full Version : Touch focus

prasecz
2009-09-03, 11:16
Hello,

I would like to know, if the Xperia's or iPhone's touch focus (manual focus) is somehow HW dependant, or is it just SW issue?
If so, what are the chances for N900/Maemo? Or is there any compatible SW already?

Thanks fo info!

mike2k4
2009-09-04, 15:38
Hello,

I would like to know, if the Xperia's or iPhone's touch focus (manual focus) is somehow HW dependant, or is it just SW issue?
If so, what are the chances for N900/Maemo? Or is there any compatible SW already?

Thanks fo info!

Doubt it. Touch Focus is used on the iPhone since there as a substitute of a pressure sensitive camera button. Its a gimmick imho.

ysss
2009-09-04, 16:11
@mike2k4: even though it provides more functionality than a pressure sensitive camera button? (well, more like 2-steps button. nothing as elaborate as 'pressure senstiivity' suggests).

barry99705
2009-09-04, 18:37
Doubt it. Touch Focus is used on the iPhone since there as a substitute of a pressure sensitive camera button. Its a gimmick imho.

The new iPhone's camera has a variable focus lens, so it can focus to different distances. That's what the touch to focus does. It normally focuses on what ever is centered on the screen, touch to focus will focus on what ever you touch on the screen.

prasecz
2009-10-23, 13:03
This is just SO SAD.

N900 has everything and even more in comparison.

Such simple but powerful thing like touch focus and you just lost customer.

quingu
2009-10-23, 16:46
This is just SO SAD.

N900 has everything and even more in comparison.

Such simple but powerful thing like touch focus and you just lost customer.

No problem, are you in an early ordering queue position? i'll take yours.
Also, sadviolin.com